B16, B18, B20
By Hatch-O-Doom
#301966 Hey, So I been searching but cant seen to find a few things, wondering if you guys can help me out. I need the last few pices for my B20V Swap... I have everything else execpt.

1.Dizzy (which one do I need? Will my Stock B20 one work?)

2. Vtec Solenoid (Autozone and Orilies dont have it :()

3. Vtec Wireing harness

4. (Optional) 1000cc Injectors

I need these parts at Ft.Lewis If someone has them, or is willing to ship I will buy them off you!

Or if you guys can shoot me some links to correct parts I would love you guys forever! :P
I should have everything else. :woot:
By SkunkDcivic
#301984 Im pretty sure you need a vtec distributer.
By chrono404
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:Hey, So I been searching but cant seen to find a few things, wondering if you guys can help me out. I need the last few pices for my B20V Swap... I have everything else execpt.

1.Dizzy (which one do I need? Will my Stock B20 one work?)

2. Vtec Solenoid (Autozone and Orilies dont have it :()

3. Vtec Wireing harness

4. (Optional) 1000cc Injectors

I need these parts at Ft.Lewis If someone has them, or is willing to ship I will buy them off you!

Or if you guys can shoot me some links to correct parts I would love you guys forever! :P
I should have everything else. :woot:

1. You can gut the electronics out of a obd1 dizzy and put that into your b16/gsr obd2 dizzy and be good to go. If you do not have a b16/gsr dizzy then you will need to buy an obd1 version, You can get it off the 94 or 95 honda delsol VTEC (DOHC)

2. This one I'm not sure on, I would look into compatibility with SOHC solenoids, however other then honda, im not sure where to look. Majestic Honda ( http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ ) has the best pricing on OEM honda parts online that I have seen.

3. You can run a Civic Si, Civic EX or Delsol Si harness with extended wires for the o2 sensor. You will also need to wire in a knock sensor unless you chip your ecu to not look for one. The Delsol VTEC (Oem b16 model, not to be confused with the D16z6 si model) wiring harness should have everything you need. You might need to send wires to the ECU from the engine bay plug though.

4.Get used WRX fuel injectors, take the tip off and you have 815cc injectors for $150. (DIY - http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=296990#296990). If you want 1000cc injectors you can look for them outthere, However I can thing of a better deal then this.

Good luck.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#302024 Chrono, all I have is my B20 Dizzy :(
I dont wanna have to go buy a new one cuz its freaking $250 :x
Then a Solenoid is also $250 for a whole new one... I have the bottom portion of it, I just need the top portion...
The harness seems like its gonna be a PITA! (awesome)
By Eg6H2D
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:Chrono, all I have is my B20 Dizzy :(
I dont wanna have to go buy a new one cuz its freaking $250 :x
Then a Solenoid is also $250 for a whole new one... I have the bottom portion of it, I just need the top portion...
The harness seems like its gonna be a PITA! (awesome)

Dude Who's charging you $250 for a new Dizzy? hell no. open an ebay acocunt and grab one of these!!!

Got mines from them for my D16z6 no issues at all! for the b16/b18c they have 3 types. Reg, Heavy duty with an upgrasded higher temp coil, and Race, which everyhting is upgraded.

look into it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-IGNITION-DI ... 2562f96ad4
By Hatch-O-Doom
#302124 Wow Ill have to check that out! Thanks!

Also I hear the Dseries Vtec solenoid from what I hear is exactly the same as the Bseries... So Ill have to look into that too.

People up here think some honda parts are gold so its hard to come by a good deal. :/
By bks84
#302125 youre not on any other forums?

check HT and NWP, i find a lot of what I need of there.

i also sell a lot on those sites.

for example, i sold a complete b vtec solenoid for $65, shipped. complete working OBD1 vtec distributor for $125, shipped.
By Hatch-O-Doom
bks84 wrote:youre not on any other forums?

check HT and NWP, i find a lot of what I need of there.

i also sell a lot on those sites.

for example, i sold a complete b vtec solenoid for $65, shipped. complete working OBD1 vtec distributor for $125, shipped.

I am only on this one..
I have one for HT but I hate goin to the site, and I have no posts so I doubt anyone will sell me anything.

But If you still had those I would but them from you right now!
By bks84
#302128 well, be prepared to pay a lot for the items then.

gl finding them.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#302130 Found a few parts on Ebay, Might order them :/ They seem Legit.
Second hand. 95$ compared to 250$

What should I do for the Vtec wiring harness? Should I just run a wire? or should I get a new wiring harness? Will a EX one work?

Thats really the very last thing I NEED for the car to be running when I go to do everything in 3 weeks.
By Fada Blayne
#302171 I wouldn't buy a dizzy second hand from someone I don't know. I wouldn't risk the chance of it being junk. Just grab the one from that link n you'll even get a warranty
By Hatch-O-Doom
#302239 Picking up the Vtec Solenoid on friday :thumb:
Gonna order a dizzy from that site...

Then the only thing i will possibly need is a harness, found some on ebay, for the vtec alone. selling for 30$ not a bad deal. might order that.

Then I should have everything I need to be able to start this swap...

Doin this the right/ reliable way is getting to be a headach for all the stuff I need. :wink: