B16, B18, B20
By mrbojangles13
#301218 hey guys i have a b20b which i recently put an obdo b16 head on. went to get a base map / tuned and v tec isnt working. i get to 5200 and it falls flat on its face. boggs soo hard that its like i slam the clutch in, dropps rpm, after a second or so its like i dump the clutch and it starts driving again. at this point i let off the gas and get frustrated. i have tried everything. the sel works, when given power it clicks. i tried another sel just in case. tried another comp too. even wired the v tec straight to the comp board to make sure i was getting connection.
what can you guys rec i check? this is all very frustrating
By SkunkDcivic
#301220 Did you do a lsvtec kit and what ecu do you have and what harness does it have now that you have a vtec head on
By mrbojangles13
#301229 Yep did the kit. Chipped p28. Has a obd2 harness wired in the v tec to the ecu. A4 second from the right... Bottom I think
By mrbojangles13
#301235 Could it be the speed sensor? Once I get to around 60mph my speedo reads about 5 mph faster then I am actually going.
By mrbojangles13
#301238 Just spoke with the tuner and turns out he had the sensor disabled so it can't be that. Where else can I look guys?
By newyorkhatch
mrbojangles13 wrote:Just spoke with the tuner and turns out he had the sensor disabled so it can't be that. Where else can I look guys?

Had what sensor disabled? Speed sensor?
If he disabled that, there's your problem. Your car needs to be going 5 or 10mpg for vtec to work
By mrbojangles13
#301300 disabled as in the comp not looking to it. so a sensor issue will not effect the comp