B16, B18, B20
By 92dxeg
#300642 hey guys my buddy has a ls del sol and he want to change his tb to the one i have cuz there is no fitv valve pretty much he wants to delete it cuz its bad is it possible for him to do that ??
By Classiccarsrule85
#300646 I have done that before but with mixed results sometimes cars fine other times ive had small issues id say it should be ok.
By bigpunn421
#300663 if you live in warm temps all season do it.

if it gets cold and temp changes from freezing to warm leave it alone unless you want to tune.

you can tune out the iac and the fitv.

my idle jumps up and down when i remove my fitv. but i only tried it in the winter. im sure it will idle fine in summer months
By bks84
#300669 I ran a 96 GSR throttle body on my B16 in my car for a lil while, no adverse affects what-so-ever.

You don't "tune out" an FITV, there's no electrical signal coming from it so the ECU doesnt look for it, nor does it miss it.

You're friend will be fine.
By 92dxeg
#300674 so u guys think it will be good if i just switch tb so it delets that sensor all togeather ?
By Eg6H2D
#300679 Doesnt the ECU send a signal to the IACV to actually control it if there is no FITV present? ?? but it would have to be an ECU that originally has no FITV..

I now thats what i had to do when i swapped out MY OEM TB from the Single to the Omni that had no FITV.. The hondata actually controlled the idle through the IACV..

:thumb:
By bks84
EG6b20R wrote:Doesnt the ECU send a signal to the IACV to actually control it if there is no FITV present? ?? but it would have to be an ECU that originally has no FITV..

I now thats what i had to do when i swapped out MY OEM TB from the Single to the Omni that had no FITV.. The hondata actually controlled the idle through the IACV..

:thumb:

The ecu looks for the iacv regardless if there is or isn't a fitv... the fitv is not electronic so the ecu doesn't know or care if its not present.

I put a stock gsr TB on my b16 w/a stock usdm p30 and like I said I had zero issues.
By SkunkDcivic
#300959 Only way to delete it is a aftermarket throttle body cuzz you by pass it by running the hose from the original fitv right to the back of the iacv on the left side that way it still gets coolant
By bks84
SkunkDcivic wrote:Only way to delete it is a aftermarket throttle body cuzz you by pass it by running the hose from the original fitv right to the back of the iacv on the left side that way it still gets coolant

That's wrong. I used a TB off a 96 gsr. No fitv so no bypassing.