B16, B18, B20
By vtecpowerrr
#300583 Hey guys,
I bought myself a b18a1 motor last year for 70 bucks, the motor was from a friend.. that's why I got it for soo cheap... But it was knocking on the crank and it was just a VERY bad rod bearing ( thing was like down to the steel backing it burnt all of the copper,etc.. it overheated idk why )

So anyways..
I wanted to start building it, get some forged pistons, I got myself a B20 crankshaft, and later this summer, turn it into an Ls-vtec. But , when it comes to swapping engines I'm a noob at this :?

I would REALLY appreciate a complete list of what I need (fuel pump? water pump? etc.) to do the swap from a 1995 D15B7 ( OBD1? ) to a 1991 b18a1.

Thanks !
Your help is very cherished :)
By vtecpowerrr
#301445 Still waiting ... faster someone will help me the sooner I'll be able to start my build.. so please help !
By EJ1_MK
#301470 I am no expert but I saw this and should be pretty straight forward, As far as the engine you will want to get the mount kit for the model of the car with the motor mount is the one thing you will have to worry about. If it is 3 point mount on the engine side, and you get a 2 point mount kit you will have to switch that or vise versa. Other than that you will nee b- shift linkage, trans. You will not need to change fuel pumps but might be a good idea to put a new timing belt and water pump on the motor and you will have to get them for that particular engine. You will also need to change out sensors and distributors as well since that is and obd-0 motor and your sticking into a obd-I car. You should be able to use most of your sensors, but not the dizzy and some others not sure which. you should be able to use your wiring harness it should fit, but you will want to track down a obd-I ECU as well

Hope that helps, others might be able to shed light on it with more detail.