B16, B18, B20
By Twzd_6
#299159 I've read so many forums its ridiculous. Some say its good, some say get the F*3% away from it. So on and so forth. And Imma hear it from you guys about another posting about LS/V so say what you have to say..but I'm still looking for advise. My questions is aside from getting it bored, polished etc. What else do I need? I need it set up and ready for boost 6 months from now (plug & play) and i seriously don't want it to be breaking down within 3 months.

Block: B18B1 LS

Head: B18C1 GSR
Golden Eagle LS/VTEC Assembly Kit: Ordered
ARP rod bolts: Ordered
ACL Bearings: Ordered
APR head studs:Ordered
New GSR VTEC Oil Pump :Ordered
ITR timing belt: Ordered
ITR Pistons :Ordered
Blox Manifold :Ordered
No name brand Headers: Ordered (DC are in right now but slightly damaged)

This is down the line broke as f*#& after all the listed above:
Crower Camshaft:
GSR Tranny
XTR Racing Heavy-Duty Pressure Plate
XTR Racing Copper Ceramic 'MIBA' 6-Puck Sprung Clutch Disc
Release Bearing
Pilot Bearing
ECU Probably use a P28 with a Hondata S100 kit. (not sure yet still contemplating on what ECU)

And of course here is my lil baby right now: :twisted:

For those of you with good advise I thank you ahead and for those other results/feedback see me at the runs!! :hehe: :thumb: :woot:
By SkunkDcivic
#299162 if you build it right it will last don't just slap it together in one day you have to be precise and do everything correctly for these things to last i know people who have them for a year and with no problems you have a bunch of good parts but if your boosting what rods are you using and why itr and not forged?
By SkunkDcivic
#299165 id also get it balanced and blueprinted
By Twzd_6
SkunkDcivic wrote:if you build it right it will last don't just slap it together in one day you have to be precise and do everything correctly for these things to last i know people who have them for a year and with no problems you have a bunch of good parts but if your boosting what rods are you using and why itr and not forged?

there's only one word "$" forged is gonna cost me around 4-500. the way my budget looks..ITR is the only best choice i got from what i have gathered. LOL i mean i would love to get them if i could find a good deal somewhere.
By Twzd_6
SkunkDcivic wrote:id also get it balanced and blueprinted

will def. look into that thanks.
By SkunkDcivic
#299170 realstreetperformance.com tell them tyler sent you and they most likey will hook it up and they have great deals on combos rods and pistons :thumb:
By Twzd_6
SkunkDcivic wrote:realstreetperformance.com tell them tyler sent you and they most likey will hook it up and they have great deals on combos rods and pistons :thumb:

Right on! thanks I'll check it out.
By bks84
#299293 You're going to boost an 11.5:1 CR motor? Unless you have a really good tuner in your area, I would advise against this.

You want it to last, but in a way your cheaping out by not ordering the right stuff that will last in a boosted application.
By SkunkDcivic
#299319 That's why I asked about the itr pistons^ theres also a thread about lsv in the bseries section
By suspendedHatch
#299607 Why are you going VTEC if you're going to boost it? That's a wasted effort.

Get an ITR trans, AEM EMS, pay for some good tuning. Don't make the mistake of lowering the compression for safety. Get it tuned properly instead.
By bks84
suspendedHatch wrote:Why are you going VTEC if you're going to boost it? That's a wasted effort.

Get an ITR trans, AEM EMS, pay for some good tuning. Don't make the mistake of lowering the compression for safety. Get it tuned properly instead.

Wasted effort, how so?

AEM EMS, huh? He just said he used cast ITR pistons because a forged piston costs more. So, why would you suggest an EMS system that is nearly a grand? Sure you can find em used, but read a lil further.

Don't choose an EMS based on what some random guy on a forum tells you to use. Choose an EMS based on what your local tuner knows. If he prefers Hondata, use Hondata. There's no reason to spend $X on an EMS if your tuner doesnt like it, or cant use it.

Just food for thought.
By couch_c
bks84 wrote:You're going to boost an 11.5:1 CR motor? Unless you have a really good tuner in your area, I would advise against this.

You want it to last, but in a way your cheaping out by not ordering the right stuff that will last in a boosted application.

I see nothing bad besides gas. Is it suppose to be harder to tune if it has higher compression?
By SkunkDcivic
#299625 I've seen cars with 11 compression and boost go real bad and fail its best to have low comp
By bks84
SkunkDcivic wrote:I've seen cars with 11 compression and boost go real bad and fail its best to have low comp

That's because of the tune. If you have a crappy tuner, with a crappy tune your motor will fail. Plain and simple.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#299633 Tunning is KEY!

Also My tuner told me to go Vtec on my boosted B20.. So I dont see whats bad about it...

and EMS is okay, but you do have to have someone who knows it, I had a friend buy one, and no one could tune it... so it just sits. :thumbdown: