B16, B18, B20
By baade3
#299115 My first time really swapping motors out and I haven't found a good write up on swaping the gsr in the 95 si obd 1 also. Just wondering what else I was going to need on top of..

Motor
tranny
ecu
integra cv's

I shouldn't need a wiring harness should I? since the car is already a vtec and in obd1? input would be great to hear, dont bash me too hard haha, like i said it's my first swap!
By SkunkDcivic
#299121 do you have the shift linkage and is the motor obd2 or obd1 if its ob1 i would use the harness off the motor and correct me if im wrong you can convert a obd2 harness to obd1 by some modifactions
By baade3
#299128 I have the linkage mounts cvs ecu motor and tranny. Motor is obd1 and my car now is obd1 so all plugs and wires should match my harness and i shouldnt have to run any wires i dont think...
By 92hatchie
#299149 use the car harness. do u have performance mounts?
By baade3
#299150 Alright, and Im not sure of the brand theyre sending me them with the motor but theyre made for the b18 into the 95hatch si
By Eg6H2D
#299186 Yea you should be good to go. Only thing you might need to do is Wire up your IAB''s if it has it which it should which are the secondaries, 2nd Vtec engagement as oppose to all other Single stage Honda VTEC B series manifold. . is it a JDM motor? The Si's didnt have any IAB,

other then that if you have everything from the b18c1 your good to go. everything is a Direct change over.
By baade3
#299192 Yeah its jdm, im buying the mounts and ecu seperately now any suggestions on where to get them? I was gonna go hasport on the mounts but im not sure where to find the best place for the jdm p72 ecu.
By Eg6H2D
#299196 For your set up you want the hasport DCstk kit. that brings the 3 bolt driver side mount. Or you can Also go Innovative mounts. witht eh 3bolt Driver side mount.

Now you mentioned JDM P72 Ecu? is that swap coming with it's ecu or you have to get one elsewhere?
By baade3
#299200 The place im getting the motor said their ecu was a little banged up and i need to get it else where. Thanks for the advice on the mounts ill use that!
By Eg6H2D
#299201 Here are the hasport units. you get a somewhat better price going through a dealer. .

Hasport

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HASPORT-DCSTK-C ... 63&vxp=mtr

Innovative mounts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INNOVATIVE-BILL ... 13&vxp=mtr

Avid Racing..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVID-Racing-Eng ... 5a&vxp=mtr

Now with All 3 sets you have a selctions on the bushing hardness insert depening how much power u want..

60/62A = Street Use. Better firm response from vehicle
70/75A = Track Use. Better and stronger then above but will make the car vibrate during idle.
85/88A = Strickly Race Bushing. Holds best with extreme Vibration.

Solid Billed (No Bushing) = Most Extreme strickly all out race car.

Your choice. I have the Innovative unit with 75A bushing in one of my Eg's right now. I get Slight vibration but the response is awesome.

My Other Hatch has the Hasport unit with 88A Bushing hardness . I havent felt those yet but im sure it's more then my innovatives.

:thumb:
By Eg6H2D
baade3 wrote:The place im getting the motor said their ecu was a little banged up and i need to get it else where. Thanks for the advice on the mounts ill use that!

Best bet look into a chipped ECU. i can hook up with a guy on ebay that does the Best work in my opinion. DIYTuning702 is his seller name.. Hi Name is Mike..
Hell set you up with a JDM P72 map and make some adjustments to get you the most power. Until you want to go Hondata s300 and get an Actual Dyno Tune.

Hell set up with an ecu chipped to your specs and you can definately ask him questions / Suggestions

Tell him Alvin Sent Ya! :thumb:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P28-P72-P73-P30 ... be&vxp=mtr
By baade3
#299206 Thanks alot man, really appreciate it
By Eg6H2D
baade3 wrote:Thanks alot man, really appreciate it

No problem. Just Curious where did you order your Motor from ZeroLift in Ohio? Great people. Robert is the man there!!

:thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#299209 Oh yea and dont forget to post up pics when it's all done we like to see what people are working with in this Forum!! it's all EG love here.

:woot: :thumb:
By baade3
#299211 I actually got it from Canada =/ but they were best priced. I don't really know anyone dealing the motors outright too well yet haha.

Yeah I have a bunch of before pics already taken, swap should start tuesday morning and be done in a few days. hard to get shit done working days haha.