B16, B18, B20
By EG Love
#298689 trying to put my LS engine onto my engine stand. i got 2 bolts in, the top left hole wasn't agreeing with me, and the furthest to the left bolt i'm not sure where it goes, because the hole thats covered by the stand's arm in the second picture seems too small for my M12x1.25 bolt. I took the bolt back out of the hole that wasn't agreeing with me (hard to turn) and it was dirty inside.. i feel like an idiot for not cleaning the holes first

The furthest hole to the left, i don't even know which is for the stand to bolt into. Is it the hole the stands arm is covering, or maybe the hole just above that?

I cleaned out the hole, do you guys think it looks stripped? the bolt gets tight when i try it now still, i dont want to make it worse. I bought a tap & die set, but its only got M12.1.5 and M12x1.75.. i need M12x1.25, which is the size of my bolt. Right? :(
By bks84
#298943 If you dont have the correct tap, go buy it. They arent that expensive individually.

The legs on your stands mounting plate/bracket dont have to be perfect. I use only the two bottom holes and the two top ones. If need be, use your existing transmission bolts in the top holes. I went to the junkyard and grabbed two lower shock fork bolts w/nuts in the lower holes.
By EG Love
#298961 Ive looked at different tap and die sets and none have the size tap I need, so I thought maybe I needed a larger tap than the current threads but now I know ill look specifically for a m12x1.25 tap. I bought my engine and trans seperately unfortunately, so I can't use my existing transmission bolts.. I didn't know those fork bolts would work, thanks for the heads up.

When you say two top and two bottom holes, aren't there only 4 holes altogether anyway? Sorry, this is all a learning process for me
By EG Love
#299076 I've looked everywhere for an individual M12x1.25 tap, nobody has it around here, what a pain.
By EG Love
#299173 After shipping and custom fees and everything, I think I'd be better off buying a whole kit locally rather than pay for the one. Ill check around more and for some Canadian sites too
By EG Love
#299181 I ordered one from out of province from a local store, its coming with a previous order so it'll only cost me $20 even. Thanks for the help bks84