B16, B18, B20
By rak511
#298422 Is a B18a1 worth buying for 300 bucks? just the motor (no tranny)... i have a D16y7 in my car now. Also wat else wuld i need if i bought the motor to swap it in my car. I havnt rlly researched much on engine swaps. Thanks
By JUICE
#298448 unless you really know/trust the person selling it or can see it running.. I would stay away from a B18a1. thats a 19-22 year old motor.. only reason i would get one would be just for a complete rotating assembly to start a build with (forged rods/pistons/complete rebuild) but i wouldn't pay $300 for it.. especially when you can get a JDM B18b/B20 w/ low miles and a warranty for a couple hundred more.

there are THOUSANDS of threads out there that completely outline how to do a B swap.. even a few on here
By rak511
#298468 Alrite... thanks!
By bks84
#298486 ...from HMO's website a B20 costs right at $800 shipped. as for the age comment, the SIR1 B16's are the same price and tend to go for a lil more cash off HMO.

If you're able to do a compression test on the engine, and the test results come back good. then I'd buy it for $300, but of course I'd try to talk him down.

to make the engine work in the EG, you'd need a 94+ b series hydro transmission, motor mounts, 94+ Integra axles and intermediate shaft, rear mount bracket, shift linkage, OBD1 ECU (PR4, P75 or a chipped P06/P28).

JUICE is right, there are a few threads on the internet on how to swap an engine into your car.

You may be new to swaps, but you're still able to search the internet...
By SkunkDcivic
#298497 I'd stay away and save up for b20 more torque more hp to if you get the 99 spec and b20vtecs are better then lsvtecs I think but that's my .02 cents