B16, B18, B20
By roy93
#297716 93 hatch dx throwing codes 9 10 and 43. 9 says cylinder sensor 10 says intake temp sensor and 43 fuel supply system. what does it all mean!!!lol thanks for any info guys btw just did a jdm b16 swap the previous owner was using a apexi vafc II with a p28 but i found a p30 and opted to use it seemed much simpler.
By bks84
#297934 code 9 means distributor is bad. or a wire has come loose. check wiring, if all is good replace distributor.

code 10 means the sensor or wiring is bad. check both and go from there. also, try a different ECU. if the IAT has been shorted then it can mess up the ECU as well.

code 43 is fuel system, check fuel pressure check the injectors.
By roy93
#297938 I did put in some rc310cc injectors would that cause the 43 code?
By bks84
#297942 Put the stock ones back in and see...
By roy93
#298033 also i think my thermostat may be stuck open or non existent. it takes forever to warm up then it doesn't stay hot constant.
By roy93
#298562 ok....this is embarrassing but here we go. apparently it helps, when you change the valve cover from one to another to not only put the gasket on the outside ring but to put the 4 small rings that go around the plugs. otherwise you end up with 4 cups full of oil and some engine codes. fixing this got rid of code 43. but 9 and 10 remain after a ecu reset. im such a dumass. [smilie=BangHead.gif] also picked up from a friend one of those sensors that will stop my revving problem, i hope. thanks for any other help
By bks84
#298567 I don't think it got rid of the code... I've gotten an 43 before and after a reset it's magically gone away.

Have you checked the wiring for your other two codes?
By roy93
#298569 You may be right. I've been going through the wiring to see if I do have something loose or mis plugged but nothing so far
By bks84
#298572 if the wiring seems ok, pull the IAT out and check the tip. if it looks burnt and misshapen, then try replacing it. You can use one from any 88-95 Honda/86-01 Integra. On EK's they changed and are mounted in the intake tube, so you can't use that on.

As far as code 9, try a different distributor!
By roy93
#299374 I've herd that if the iat goes bad it can screw up the ecu how true is that
By bks84
roy93 wrote:I've herd that if the iat goes bad it can screw up the ecu how true is that

It burns a resistor in the ECU, rendering the ECU useless.
By roy93
#299521 I think I know what my biggest trouble is. The p30 im running needs a crank sensor my harness nor my block has one since its a jdm b16a1. I've been told to do one of two things, go to a chipped p28 or put in a 99-00 si oil pump that it will have the required sensor.
By bks84
#299539 P30 doesnt look for that sensor. If it did and it wasnt present you'd have a CEL for it. It would be a code 54.

Im running an OBD1 USDM P30 on my car and have had none of the same problems you are.

If you're referring to the code 9, that sensor is in the distributor regardless of OBD.
By roy93
#299574 So you think its a bad distributer huh? Why would it run then? And at wot it runs awsome
By bks84
#299594 I think so ya.