B16, B18, B20
By roy93
#299736 it there a possibility it could be fixed with a cap and rotory button or would it be the whole thing is garbage?
By roy93
#299808 Ok didn't exactly replace the distributer but it got a new cap and button as well as the part inside with the spring that sticks out. Had it from a trade. But it runs awsome now even though the revving continues. As well as code 9 and 10 after a ecu reset.
By bks84
#299823 Please listen to what I'm saying.

Code 9 is the crank angle sensor inside the distributor. Meaning, that sensor is bad or the wiring for that sensor is bad. Replacing the cap, rotor, etc, will not fix a code 9.

You're going to have to suck it up and either buy a new distributor or find a used on in good shape.

As far as the code 10, have you pulled the sensor and inspected it?
By roy93
#299827 Yeah I was afraid yould say that. I will have to hunt one down then. As far as the other sensor I completely replaced it (not a new one but was working when removed) to no avail. That sensor new costs almost as much as a new dizzy.
By bks84
#299829 Ok... did you check the wiring for the IAT?
By roy93
#300734 yeah ive been through the wiring and it seems to be good
By roy93
#303774 ok finally got a new dizzy. got it in with relative ease and nothing changed. still have the revving and it seems the sputtering and missing is worse. this is why people throw thier hands up and say *@#% it im selling it. although when climbing in rpms especially over 5k it smooths out vtec kicks in nicely but at steady rpms missing occors. this is killing me. could it be my plugs? they are new as well as new 8mm msd wires
By bks84
#303801 ive always ran NGK wires and plugs. id sell those msd's and snag some ngks.

and... do you still have the cel?
By roy93
#303826 Yeah I'm running bosch platinums right now. I herd they could be bad, after I bought em of course. And yeah the cel is still burning
By bks84
#303829 Alrighty.

FIX THE CEL. Stop throwing parts at it and fix the light, there's obviously a problem and the ECU senses that.

It may or may not fix your idling issues, but at least you can without a doubt rule it out. Instead of throwing parts at it.
By roy93
#314117 ok been a while since ive had a chance to post anything. and bks fixing the cel is EXACTLY what im trying to do. i still havent had any luck with the cel but the revving has stopped. very simple fix too. had a leak in my throttle body gasket lol. runs really good now just need to get the valves adjusted correctly. also got some ngks in it made all the diffrence