B16, B18, B20
By roy93
#296944 ok so im sure this has been asked before but ive been searching pretty hard and cant find the answers i need. heres what i have. 93 civic dx non vtec. swapped in a jdm b16 SIR motor. have the p30 ecu that mates to it. here is my trouble. i have no vtec plug or wiring also the knock sensor above the oil filter has two wires sticking out but dont know where to put them. everything else is plug and play. the motor runs smooth other than lack of vtec power. ive seen diagrams but dont know what plug is called what or which one goes where. thank you guys ahead of time for any help you can give me.
By blk92hb
#296974 the knock sensor is only a single wire plug.

the jdm motors didnt come with a pressure switch for the vtec. also if you are using the non vtec harness then you will need to wire up vtec or get a harness for a vtec motor like the z6 harness or a delso dohc harness.

if you need pictures i can post them
By roy93
#296982 ok got vtec to work. now i have another problem. what would make the motor rev up and down from 1000-2500. very annoying. also at any throttle point other than WOT it runs and sounds great but, when at WOT it wants to studder and miss some. checking over hoses and plugs i noticed that i did have one hose from that black jar looking thing under the throttle body. i wouldnt think that one hose would cause all that. i was thinking maybe a sensor of some kind. there is a sensor, knock sensor or not, above the oil filter that is not hooked to anything so i thought that could be the problem. any help on this?
By blk92hb
#297004 With it reving up and down like that it's a vaccum leak. So you will have to put the hose on the charcoal canister and that will help with idle.
By roy93
#297029 the hose comes off of the canister and there is nowhere to put it
By roy93
#297085 No I do not
By blk92hb
#297172 http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/jlicrx/EGvacuum.jpg

the top pic is it.
By stubrun
#297226 Are you running a map sensor?
By roy93
#297235 oh maybe this is important too. the sensor on the firewall side of the throttle body got trashed on the install. so i had no other b16 throttle body laying around but a buddy had an ls one i can use till i get another one. the map sensor is on the throttle body instead of being on the firewall where it was in the car i got the swap from originally as well as my original one.
By roy93
#297236 oh and blk92, #7 is the hose that has no home
By blk92hb
#297240 The only thing with the ls tb, its smaller so you will loose hp not much but a little.

The sensor on the passenger side fire wall would be the map sensor, and it will now be on the tb.

The number 7 hose is the evap sensor and that will need to be hooked up.
By roy93
#297382 actually i couldnt tell any diffrence of diameter between the thottle bodys. i will try and locate the line to hook up that one line thanks
By bks84
blk92hb wrote:The only thing with the ls tb, its smaller so you will loose hp not much but a little.

The sensor on the passenger side fire wall would be the map sensor, and it will now be on the tb.

The number 7 hose is the evap sensor and that will need to be hooked up.

LS and B116 throttle bodies are the same size. its either 58mm or 60mm.