B16, B18, B20
By warrenb2010
#296383 hey guys im extremely new to hondas. ive only had mine 2 weeks. but i just noticed on my b16a that the vacuum line just right of the oil cap isnt connected down below. what exactly does it hook up to? and where? yes im a noob lol but i looked up and down under the engine bay and cant seem to find where it goes. any help would be appreciated. thx!
Last edited by warrenb2010 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#296395 if its what i think it is, it just goes to your intake tube
By warrenb2010
#296413 ok cool i check that now. i think thats whats been messing up my idle too. i swapped the IAC and was pissed to see that that wasnt it lol
By warrenb2010
#296414 i just looked at it and would it only be on the stock inake? bcuz theres nothing on my injen short ram. unless you ment on the manifold but i didnt see anything there either..
By JUICE
#296432 go to autozone and get one of the little mini cone filters. and that won't affect idle at all.. you got something else going on
By warrenb2010
JUICE wrote:go to autozone and get one of the little mini cone filters. and that won't affect idle at all.. you got something else going on

that would be a last resort i think. i would really like to know where that line goes. it had to come from somewhere lol unless it is for the stock airbox. and i think the idle is from a vacuum leak from somewhere. ill go under and really get in to it tomorrow after this rain passes.
By cjw_89
#297238 a would be obd1 right? What about the fitv ?
By warrenb2010
cjw_89 wrote:a would be obd1 right? What about the fitv ?

ya obd1. how could i check that?
By chulito
#301598 Goes to stock air box or air intake tube. If the Injen one does not have the connector get the small air cone filter.. That won't affect idle..like Juice wrote.
By bradleyg
#301623 As far as I know it's just a breather hose. Alot of people just put little cone filters on the valve cover. I think mine goes to the throttle body though, check yours.

Pictures would help, and as mentioned above it would be very unlikely that it's causing idle issues.
By brandoff88
#301652 yeah the stock air box system has a little nub on it for it to slip over near the throttle body in most cases, and short rams dont have em, i put a small cone fijlter on mine and never had a problem :thumb: plus i think the filters are less than 5 bucks at autozone and you can color match em too :hehe: