B16, B18, B20
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#293814 i honestly didnt do much research on this because im short on time...but because my transmission shit out on me the other day..i started looking on CL and other sites for a new/used trans to replace mine...but i came across and ls motor and trans that i think i can get the whole swap ECU and all for about $600 US....the only thing its a 1990 ls motor wich means i need to get a wire harness adapter of some sort for the new ECU and distributor......here is the link http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/2814884904.html ....my question is..is it worth it...is it to good to be true for 600??...let me know yur thoughts and inputs....the sooner the better thanks in advance :thumb:

EDIT: keep in mind i have a stock D15B7 in my car now..and i have complete confidence that i can do it in a short weekend by myself or with a help of a friend or two....and also im keepingit in the back of my mind that the big motor swap i have planned and in the process of doing in an OBD1 LS motor...but all i have is the motor so far...no trans or anything...so the way i look at it...when im ready to put my worked ls motor in the car it will be half done already...

sorry for the novel...but i figured i should share all that info cus it will make a big dif on your opinion
By Ajax1989
#293984 your best bet is to find a obd1 ls intake manifold and dizzy..

the block and head shouldnt matter(if it was bare) the electronics is where the obd shit comes into play..

so what id do it get it and get a obd1 ls intake mani
or if your eg injectors fit just swap your eg electrioncs on to the obd0 intake manifold

hopefully D-mon will see this and chime in
ill text him to get his input :thumb:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#293986 cool..thanks for the reply man...im stressing out..this is my DD car...and i have no other way to get around...and i dont want this deal to pass me up...so no matter what yu think i should get it?
Last edited by 1-low-92-EG-Sedan on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ajax1989
#293989 id keep looking.. swaping out side your obd is a pain even tho they make aftermarket harness and shit

i texted him and sent this thread to him in a PM
hopefully he'll chime in.. hes my go to guy when i
cant figure somthing out :lol:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
94_jdm_ferio wrote:id keep looking.. swaping out side your obd is a pain even tho they make aftermarket harness and shit

i texted him and sent this thread to him in a PM
hopefully he'll chime in.. hes my go to guy when i
cant figure somthing out :lol:

well im getting the engine wire harness as well as the stock ecu...so i shouldnt have a problem with with the wiring..should i??..will it interfere with my speedometer and tachometer??

and thanks..hopefully he will chime in soon :lol: :thumb:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#294011 ok..and i just relized something else as well...i think the trans is cable not hydraulic.....how hard is it to convert?
By Ajax1989
#294019 Hard its not worth it.. just find a obd1 ls
By bks84
#294076 not worth it.

seeing as its your DD piecing together a swap isnt really beneficial.

to make it work though you'd need:

hydro to cable conversion (trans mount and clutch actuator)
obd1 distributor, injectors (might be able to reuse yours, idk)
you'd need to reuse your o2 sensor
chip the ecu (so it can run the dohc ls)
t bracket (not sure if you can use the DA one or not)
youd have to change the engine mount bracket to a DC one

could of course save yourself the headache of the cable/hydro crap and find a hydro B trans, but if you did that you'd need a clutch kit too.

some of this may be wrong, idk. just going off what i know about DA's and what I've learned about EG's

basically, they dont mix well.
By FG2_Andrew
bks84 wrote:not worth it.

this! you're honestly better off finding a nice D series as a temp motor than piecing something together.

edit**
nice D, as in D15B or Z6 or something. can buy a "new" one for around 700-900. then build a mini-me boost for the power you want from an LS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccjIP9Qlsc ;)
By bks84
EH2_andy wrote:
bks84 wrote:not worth it.

this! you're honestly better off finding a nice D series as a temp motor than piecing something together.

edit**
nice D, as in D15B or Z6 or something. can buy a "new" one for around 700-900. then build a mini-me boost for the power you want from an LS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccjIP9Qlsc ;)

Read, hes said his transmission went out, not the engine.
By FG2_Andrew
#294166 Read, I was comparing the money spent. You can get a brand new motor (and trans, sorry) for a little more.
By dbrooks
EH2_andy wrote:Read, I was comparing the money spent. You can get a brand new motor (and trans, sorry) for a little more.

This isn't Honda-Tech. Take your pointless bickering elsewhere.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#294179 everyone must keep in mind...all i need to purchase to finish the swap into my car(aside form the motor and everything that im looking to buy) is the trans conversion kit for about $45 US....the motor im looking to get comes with ecu, injectors distributor, engine harness, cable trans, axles........etc etc....even getting the motor mounts...im getting EVERYTHING i need all for $600 US...so do you still think the it is not worth converting the trans???...i think im going back tomorrow to check it out again..

thanks for all the responses... :thumb:

PS. after i re read this...i realized it made me sound like an asshole...but thats not how i meant it.. :lol:
By bks84
#294222 Ecu, mounts, wiring harness, distributor are useless to you.

So again... waste of time to swap this in your car.