B16, B18, B20
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
bks84 wrote:Ecu, mounts, wiring harness, distributor are useless to you.

So again... waste of time to swap this in your car.

y is it useless to me??..im not able to take all this and put it in my car for it all to work??
By dbrooks
#294273 You would have to swap all of those things out for it to work
By bks84
1-low-92-EG-Sedan wrote:
bks84 wrote:Ecu, mounts, wiring harness, distributor are useless to you.

So again... waste of time to swap this in your car.

y is it useless to me??..im not able to take all this and put it in my car for it all to work??

your car is obd1, the engine and its electronics is obd0. absolutely asinine to revert to an older obd. also, depending on your area, it could be illegal.

if you have $600 burning a hole in your pocket go to HMO and buy a replacement D trans.

this swap is not worth it man, seriously.
By eg-guy
#294321 weird, every ls swap ive seen down here has been converted to obd0.

edit*
By bks84
#294323 I never said it hasnt been done, I said it doesnt make sense to do it...
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#294358 ok...so today i went back to look at the car again and as it was actually in front of me i was able to look and actually understand how and y it is not as easy as i thought...im more of a hands on person :lol: :lol: im so glad you all responded so quick and made me scond guess myself because i would have bought it and relized in the end how much a PITA it is...lol
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#295708 well...for any one who cares or is interested in what i ended up doing....i ended up just going to a local junk yard and got my self another D trans and used the clutch kit i originally ordered when i thought it was just my clutch going bad....but the ciaos did NOT end there...after taking everything apart and install my new (used) transmission and my brand new XTD stage 1 clutch kit and a brand new flywheel....i went to take it round the block for a test drive....and i apparently didnt put the axles in all the way because the splines were bad on them (not realizing at the time) so i then bought a new axle and here i am...lol...car finally drives and man it feels good to have my car back...its like a whole new car clutch grabs great