B16, B18, B20
By Hatch-O-Doom
#292251 Alright guy/gals.
I failed my emmissions test just now.... I can get a waiver if I do $150 bucks in repairs... Which I doubt will happen... due to me having a swap- and they gotta varify that it is the correct engine in the car... :? which its not its a b20t.

Okay so here is the numbers details....
94 Civic EG
JDM B20Turbo
HC(PPM) CO%
Cruise Limit: 160 1.2
Cruise Emmisions: 94 3.70
Cruise Result: Pass FAIL
Idle Limit: 220 1.2
Idle Emissions: 226 3.35
Idle Result: FAIL FAIL

IDK what to do... I need help My tags Expire End of next month... and I go to a training extresise the beggining of next month...
What How can I pass easily, Would goin a 50/50 tank of 91/E85 do anything for me?

My other option is for me to sign the title over to my family back in CO, have them register it there...since there is no emissions and then ship my my tags/plates and drive around like that.
By ALLMPGcivic803
#292260 the gas thing probably wouldnt work but the colorado idea sounds good except the fact youd be signing your car away have you checked the resistance on your o2 sensors and stuff to make sure they are functioning properly disregard if you are running obd 2 cause cel would be on but if not thats where i would start
By Hatch-O-Doom
#292262 Everything is running just fine. Car has absolutly no problems.
When It was being ran by the guy it was reading 13.5 on my AEM AFR

And the I wouldnt mind singing my car over to my mom or dad, they can always sign it back over to me and I wouldnt have a problem with it at all.
By ALLMPGcivic803
#292265 then if your needing this done asap that would be my suggestion so that way you dont have to park your car and then you can figure out whats going on later
By Hatch-O-Doom
#292333 Well I'd like to figure it out soon, but If I have to send off my title and everything else So be it. but would rather make it pass.
By JUICE
#292338 make sure colorado won't require an inspection of the vehicle like they do here in ohio.. if they don't, I'd say go that route..
By Hatch-O-Doom
#292340 They dont, You just go down there, transfer the title into your name, and sign some papers, they give you a licence plate and new tabs, and you are good to go.
By ALLMPGcivic803
#292369 i dont have to pass emissions here in oklahoma so i couldnt even begin to tell you where to start if your o2 sensors are good and your other fuel to air ratio sensors are good im stumped could be the cat maybe
By bartman201
#292415 i had the same problem and an old man told me a little secret. he told me to let the gas go all the way down till 1/4 of the tank then add a gallon of Krylon CM502 Lacquer Thinner. i thought that would damage my engine but it didn't. before i did this my car had fail 2 times. i did the Krylon CM502 Lacquer Thinner and it pass with flying colors.

i have a turbo b18a1 at 16psi
By Eg6H2D
bartman201 wrote:i had the same problem and an old man told me a little secret. he told me to let the gas go all the way down till 1/4 of the tank then add a gallon of Krylon CM502 Lacquer Thinner. i thought that would damage my engine but it didn't. before i did this my car had fail 2 times. i did the Krylon CM502 Lacquer Thinner and it pass with flying colors.

i have a turbo b18a1 at 16psi

Sounds a bit Sketchy..

I say lean that bad boy out a bit. Are you running S300?