B16, B18, B20
By jkmskfk
#291398 Hi. trying to put motor on my car and here is the thing.
im planning to get B18 c1 (which is GSR) but if i pay like 1000 more then
i can get Type R (i believe b18 c5? )engine and here is my question
would you guys put
GSR with + 1000 worth mod
or
Type R with all stock, no speical mod

of course later on ill make money and spend more money on motor
but as right now there is those two option, what would you choose?
will choose type r for the future??
or just GSR with keep adding mods??
By *Miss_Honda*
#291436 Pick the Type R.
You dont need mods for a engine like that, Honda did the maximum to get the 210 ehp.
I have a B18c4 with 199 ehp with no mods.. (except for the exhaust and whalepenis) but our gas here in Holland is better then you guys have, we have Euro98 otherwise we dont make it to 199 ehp.

Save the money for the mods for the GSR, you dont get more ehp.. if you leave it stock with another exhaust yes, but i dont give it 190/199 ehp.
Last edited by *Miss_Honda* on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chris_barnes
#291456 I would go C1 + mods if I were u (only if you do the mods yourself and dont pay for it) cause 1000 bucks in parts is a fair setup. If you plan on having it done, then just get a type R.

@*Miss_Honda* I'm sorry 2 disappoint you, but there is no way you can gain 30 horses on a stock setup just from a remap. I mean you can see that on the screen, but it's just the dyno being optimistic :D I know that for sure cause I have C4 too. These engines get around 145-147 whp, which is not more than 180 ehp (at the flywheel). And the remap was done with 100 octane gasoline.
By *Miss_Honda*
#291467 We smoke ITR's and EG's/EK's with a B18c and those guys can drive :wink:

My B18C4 comes from a Stock MB6 which is dyno'd and had 186 ehp allready. Going back to OBD-1 during the swap with a complete open exhaust and a chipped P28 ECU it is first dyno'd and had 194 ehp. After a tune at this same dyno we won 5 more horsepower and en won a lot of torque by connecting the IAB's.

This dyno is DIN certified, so the numbers are very reliable. At the same day some b18c-r (98spec) were dyno'd to, and some of them did only have 204 ehp.

(blue line after remap)

By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#291469 showed him up Miss_Honda :lol:
By 92hatchie
#291500 go gsr! here in cali we eat type-r's all day..
By Greasedmonkey
#291549 yea, but Im sure he was using the the american lingo for those that done know what the JDM.... counterpart is.

Ive seen stock 98spec jdm itr motors put down close to 180 with the stock block.
By chris_barnes
#291572 @ *Miss_Honda*
I am not here to fight :) Thanks for the dyno graph, will post 1 later from same setup as mine :) (Which is basically the same as yours). Do you have official time on a quarter mile? Is yor car running low 14's?
By *Miss_Honda*
chris_barnes wrote:@ *Miss_Honda*
I am not here to fight :) Thanks for the dyno graph, will post 1 later from same setup as mine :) (Which is basically the same as yours). Do you have official time on a quarter mile? Is yor car running low 14's?

Me neither, but i cant stand people who yell about cars dont have more hp then they shouldnt have :wink: we didnt expect 199 hp because people here in Holland have a B18c4 but they changed their intake and exhaust manifold with alot of mods and they dont have more then 180/186 hp, we let everything stock except for the catback with testpipe, whalepenis and remap.
We didnt believe the dyno results if we werent as fast as a empty EK with a B18-R, but we are, when we are done at the dyno you really felt the gigantic difference with the IAB (they werent working) and more hp.

Maybe in the summer we're going to do some drag to see what our time is and with a S9B :lol: we keep that gearbox for the turbo and LSD :thumb:
By chris_barnes
#291574 You are with a stock header? S9B is great for turboing, but do you plan to drag race or track race?

I am sorry we use the thread for this discussion but I think it is relevant to it.
By *Miss_Honda*
chris_barnes wrote:You are with a stock header? S9B is great for turboing, but do you plan to drag race or track race?

I am sorry we use the thread for this discussion but I think it is relevant to it.

Jep, did some research about the B18 GSR before we swapped it, Honda didnt put the GSR intake and exhaust manifold for nothing.. just let it stock, give it more air, good remap on the dyno and you almost have a type R without the extreme VTEC kick :lol:
Just like i said, we didnt know or expect alot of hp with this engine, we expected just like the others between 180 and 190 hp XD

We drive it on the track with it and killing some cars in city's on fridaynight :lol:
Let the summer begin, time for some drag lol
By bigpunn421
#291638 a jdm b18c with cams and a tune is alot better than a stock type r.

my suggestion would be if you plan to keep it stock get the type r. but if you want to do work to it buy the b18c jdm gsr.

and everyones dyno reads different. a stock type r motor puttin down 190whp wouldnt happen on a mustang dyno unless you adjust stuff and correct the numbers.

b20 vtec if done right is better than jdm gsr and jdm type r and alot cheaper.

i have a jdm b18c tuned it made 160whp 125tq with i/h/e on a normal reading mustang. now it has a jrsc @10psi and it made 220whp 175ftlbs on a mustang. if i ran on a high reading dynojet it could make 260whp. so every dyno differs [/img]Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if i were in your shoes i would get one of these... jdm gsr with cams and tune, b20vtec tuned, save $500 more and supercharge a jdm gsr with tune, h22a4 swap, b20 with jrsc tuned
By Eg6H2D
bigpunn421 wrote:a jdm b18c with cams and a tune is alot better than a stock type r.

my suggestion would be if you plan to keep it stock get the type r. but if you want to do work to it buy the b18c jdm gsr.

and everyones dyno reads different. a stock type r motor puttin down 190whp wouldnt happen on a mustang dyno unless you adjust stuff and correct the numbers.

b20 vtec if done right is better than jdm gsr and jdm type r and alot cheaper.

i have a jdm b18c tuned it made 160whp 125tq with i/h/e on a normal reading mustang. now it has a jrsc @10psi and it made 220whp 175ftlbs on a mustang. if i ran on a high reading dynojet it could make 260whp. so every dyno differs [/img]Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if i were in your shoes i would get one of these... jdm gsr with cams and tune, b20vtec tuned, save $500 more and supercharge a jdm gsr with tune, h22a4 swap, b20 with jrsc tuned

That is very true! My Buddies JDM B16a Sir 2 made 159whp and 113Tq. on a DynoJet tuned on Hondata S300. Statisticly by number the JDM B18C is Supposed to put down better numbers.. ..

Every Dyno is different. :thumb: