B16, B18, B20
By !!!eg!!!
#290818 This is what I'm going to gather up before i do the swap. Let me know if i need anything else. Motor, LSD Hydraulic Tranny (S80), ECU (P73), Axles with Half Shaft, Shift Linkage, Hasport Mounts, Alternator, Starter, Clutch, Flywheel, Intake Manifold, Exhaust Manifold, Fuel Rail, Injectors, Distributor, Engine Harness, All Sensors(Im sure this will come with the motor), and conversion harness. This will all be going into a 93' civic hatchback EG. So its obd1. Now my main concern is the obd1 to obd2 conversion. From what i understand i should just be able to plug and play with the hasport conversion wiring. Also from what i have read, i should be able to use the civic engine harness, but the motor comes with the b18 engine harness so either way i got two harnesses so which should i use? Thanks in advanced for any info.
By Fada Blayne
#290850 what trim level is your shell?
By bk_civiceg
#290868 I just swapped in a C1 into my Cx hatch and I think you're better off getting a chipped P28 instead of buying a harness converter. It helps with tuning later on. Just my $.02
By !!!eg!!!
#290869 Makes sense. definitely right now I'll be running a stock motor and eventually adding boltons turbo and things like that.
By poorman type-r
#290882 Why not get an LS if you are going to turbo?
By !!!eg!!!
#290883 Now can you tell me a little more why I would do that? Is faster or a cheaper route? Easier to do?
By poorman type-r
#290885 Well the motor itself is definitely cheaper, it has low compression, it is the only true 1.8L ( GSR and Type-r 1.7XXL). You wont have to burn your wallet like you would trying to build a turbo type-r. Which means you can spend more money on your turbo.
By !!!eg!!!
#290907 Really, I'm going to have to look into it.
By Eg6H2D
poorman type-r wrote:Well the motor itself is definitely cheaper, it has low compression, it is the only true 1.8L ( GSR and Type-r 1.7XXL). You wont have to burn your wallet like you would trying to build a turbo type-r. Which means you can spend more money on your turbo.

Lol.
GSR/ Type R. 1797cc,
B18a/b 1834cc..
By poorman type-r
#290917 Still a difference lol.
By bks84
poorman type-r wrote:Still a difference lol.

not enough to list as benefit.
By poorman type-r
#290982 Really because last time I checked the longer stroke on an LS is a benefit to list. Or is that not important either? Look at it this way:

B18c5 stock w/ swap parts= $4K-4.5K

LS Swap stock w/ swap parts=$1.5K

So you will have an extra 3K to put into the LS to match the price of the B18C5.

You can make a LSV w/ GSR head. Get Rods, Pistons (11:1-12:1), Springs, Retainers, Cams, Header, Intake, P&P and Tune and a stock Type-R wouldn't even be worth racing.
By bks84
#290984 In the grand scheme of things, its not. To make an LS (or LSV) perform like a Type R (from the factory) the 37cc displacement "advantage" is not worth noting.
By poorman type-r
#290986 So why does everyone want the stroke from an LS? If 87mm and 89mm aren't different in your case.