B16, B18, B20
By 93CivicEg
#290167 Ok so heres the deal, this may sound dumb but theres prob other people out there like this.

i love my honda and love fast cars.

i wanna do a lsv or b20v, but i dont know how to build it reliable like the diys on here.

but i also want boost, any suggestions of what will be easier for me?

i wanna nice set up with decent power, with out blowing up maybe a honda isnt for me?

b20v, b18c, b16, j35? IDK!!!!!!!

HALP!!!!!!
By JDMcivic92
#290176 I ran a JDM B18B w/ out boost. It was fast and reliable. With any car boost is going to wear the car down faster regardless of modifications. If your adding boost to a not already built to boost motor, you need a bit of money. You can also try building a B18C w/o adding boost. If you going to want to boost and have the money to do so I would say stick with a B18B. But that is only my suggestion. Everyone has their own opinion.
By dbrooks
#290180 ^^^

I agree. It sounds like you're starting out, as well. My might want to start out slow. Getting a B18B would be a solid start. It's an easy swap, it's quick, and will be reliable if you find a good motor.

Just remember, you can always add onto it. Just take your time.
By familyEGuy23
#290187 ^^ 2x
also what are you going to be using your Honda for? Strictly track, daily driver, DD with occasional visits to the track? Etc. What's your budget?
By 93CivicEg
#290203 i would like to use it for a daily and fun street car, i know this might sound dumb but if like people start toying with me i wanna keep up with them
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#290266 not too much money will be needed for that
By 93CivicEg
#290387 i got a b18b right now, i just dont seem like its got enough power for me, like what 140hp?

i wanna be at like 300's in a daily, possible?
By 93CivicEg
#290391 well i got a b18a1 in the car now with a dc4 ls trans.

i was thinking of building my b18b1 i got in the garage for ls vtec, but lsvtec seems to hard for me to build.

so thats why i was thinking of just throwing in a b16 or b18c, or just build a b18b1
By dbrooks
#290392 I'm not a fan of LSV's, just because it's not meant to be what it is.

Just running 10lbs of boost on a B18B will be a good setup if you have a solid turbo kit.

It will take some time though. There's always going to be something that will go wrong.

I'm thinking about going the boosted B18B route after watching those videos I posted. That's a stock motor and a ebay turbo kit, too!
By 93CivicEg
#290394 yeah nice power, thats what i want is like 300's for my daily.

but i also love the vtec pull :)

what do you think about a built b16 or b18c on boost?

i can build a motor somewhat i just dont trust my self doing a lsv, and it not really reliable like you said since its not ment to be
By EJ1_MK
#290397 Go with either a b18c or b16 no reason to worry about building lsv of b20v. But you must have a local shop that can help put one together if that is they way you want to go. obd1 b18c or b16 easy swap with lots of bolt ons to make it fun but yet reliable. 300hp for a daily can be done boost is the easiest you could even build your d to make that power with a turbo kit.

all these options are cost effective and will make for a fun car.
By 93CivicEg
#290398 i dont have a d i got a b18a1 lol.

but im thinking of getting a b16 and boosting it, since b16's love boost lol