B16, B18, B20
By 92dxeg
#287586 ok guys a have a high CP gsr 12:1 b16 head
but any way i am having two issue wit it maybe u guys can help
1) (blue)smoke comes out of my exhuast some time in revese b4 vtec and some times in vtec its a random times cp in the block is soild has 10,xxx miles on it and just got my vavle seals all done and the head is fresh. cuz the car was burning black smoke de to bad vavle seals so what could this bee?
2) i just got s300 for my car sometimes vtec does not even work some times vtec will kick in a 4500 then sometimes it will be at 5100 then some times vtec feel weak like you hear and and not feel it the other times its amazing pull wicked hard could this be cuz i only have a base map on my s300 and not a street or dyno tune ?

any help we be allsome thanks
By eg-guy
#287591 blue smoke= oil
By 92dxeg
#287594 i understand that lol but every thing is solid so i dont no what it could be from ?
By Eg6H2D
92dxeg wrote:i understand that lol but every thing is solid so i dont no what it could be from ?

What do you mean by Solid? Something is burning if your seeing smoke. Like you say maybe the pistons where burned out already. or starting to, Since #1 a 12:1 engine you have is not tuned yet, probably getting too much gas which in turn burns out your rings.. Which is very possible..

Cant run a built motor on a stock ECu or a "base Map" for long..

So if it's blue your burning oil. might not be much but it's doing it somehow..

:thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#287915 ^ :thumb:
By 92dxeg
#288067 but if i was burning oil in the cylinders it would show up in a cp test and my cp ratio is 245 in all 4 of them and iam not losing any oil on the dip stick at all . now what i think the prob could be is this .
b4 i got my vavle seals done it would burn oil for about 6 months i think there is alot of reidue build up in my exhuast from be burning oil when the vavle seals were bad and iam getting an new exhuast tommrow a apexi ws2 and hi tech header so we shall see
By Eg6H2D
92dxeg wrote:but if i was burning oil in the cylinders it would show up in a cp test and my cp ratio is 245 in all 4 of them and iam not losing any oil on the dip stick at all . now what i think the prob could be is this .
b4 i got my vavle seals done it would burn oil for about 6 months i think there is alot of reidue build up in my exhuast from be burning oil when the vavle seals were bad and iam getting an new exhuast tommrow a apexi ws2 and hi tech header so we shall see

Seafoam the engine then to clear up that old oil build up. it helps! youtube Seafoam to know how to do it exactly.
By bks84
#288215 245 is not your ratio, perse. all its tellin you is how well the rings and such are doing their job.

are you doing your cp test cold or hot? throttle all the way open? are you unplugging the ecu (or atleast pullin the fuses) and all that jazz too?