B16, B18, B20
By TrailerTrash
#284920 sounds like a decent deal to me. :D

id make sure it comes with all the little things like starter, alternator, dizzy, ect.

some people on craigslist will list a whole engine but keep that stuff either cause they need it or cause they have sold it off separately
By bk_civiceg
#285245 I'll be picking it up this weekend!! Hopefully I can get it swapped before Christmas break is over and before I go back to school. :thumb:
By JUICE
#285249 definitely wanna do a compression or leak down test. check all around the head/block for possible blown head gasket. make sure the oil doesn't look like a milkshake or have any signs of coolant.

if the dude does NOT wanna meet you at his house or comes off as shady at all, DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME! seriously, i know so many people that have gotten srewed with junk motors/trannys from CL. you end up spending more in the end than just buying the setup from a JDM shop with a warranty..
By bk_civiceg
#285262 I'll definitely be doing a compression test. Is it enough just to look on the oil dipstick and down the oil fill to tell if its a blown head gasket? Maybe I could drain the oil...

The guy mentioned that the car was wrecked a couple months ago and he sent the car for scrap.
By TrailerTrash
#285352 I would also only buy it if I could see the tranny and engine separate. not bolted together with the chance of a blown out clutch or some other nastyness inside that u cant see.

also check the bolt holes on everything that is aluminum to make sure they arent stripped out. learned that the hard way with my last tranny :x :x :x
By FG2_Andrew
#285357 it amazes me how many fucks wreck their Hondas :? :x

anyyyyywayyyy, be cautious and use common sense.. seems like a deceent deal to me, and a few others on here. also, make sure you bring a buddy or two with you!!!! i never meet anyone without a few friends and a baseball bat or tire iron with me!
By TrailerTrash
deadbeatEH2 wrote:
anyyyyywayyyy, be cautious and use common sense.. seems like a deceent deal to me, and a few others on here. also, make sure you bring a buddy or two with you!!!! i never meet anyone without a few friends and a baseball bat or tire iron with me!

a buddy or 2 may also be able to spot deal altering defects/damage to the swap that you may have not noticed!

or a buddy or 2 can throw it in the back of your truck while you try and haggle the guy down to 800 :lol:
By bk_civiceg
#285371 Thanks guys. Hopefully all goes well. Im usually pretty cautious when it comes to craigslist deals. Ill let you know!
By bk_civiceg
#285810 I got it today!

I'll post some pics later once I get it out of the truck. Its freezing outside and dark. lol
By bk_civiceg
#285818 Got it for $900. I talked with the dude for quite a while about it and the history of the motor and stuff. It was running good when pulled out of a wrecked integra. It's completely stock. I've got the S80 tranny with shift linkage, axles, P72 OBDII ecu, and the motor is complete with full harness.

Now my question is... Is the best route just plugging up the OBDII harness into the shock tower and then going with an P72 OBD1 ecu? I know I'll have to get the 255walbro fuel pump. What about engine mounts? I've researched and it seems like theres so many different choices lol

Sorry, I'm brand new with B series. :lol:
By pcbabb
#285908 You can use the obd2 harness but you will need to add wires to your body harness. IAB, knock, and vtec I believe. You can use the stock integra mounts if you have them.
By bk_civiceg
#285928 Sounds good! That's what I'll do! I'm gonna need to pick up some mounts to. Tomorrow I'll clean her up and everything. :thumb: