B16, B18, B20
By blueg
#283290 ok so i swaped a b20 into my little hatchy now i just test drove it and it ran well and was crazy quick but i have a cel on. now i went out to play with it thinking it was something that would go away seeing the motor sat for a year anyways it idles fine but when i give it gas it bogs like crazy?

i have a p75 ecu in there running it any idea whats wrong and is that the right ecu?
By bks84
#283292 check the code, tell us it is.
By Eg6H2D
blueg wrote:ok so i swaped a b20 into my little hatchy now i just test drove it and it ran well and was crazy quick but i have a cel on. now i went out to play with it thinking it was something that would go away seeing the motor sat for a year anyways it idles fine but when i give it gas it bogs like crazy?

i have a p75 ecu in there running it any idea whats wrong and is that the right ecu?

Do you know how to check the engine light?
By blueg
#283306 ya i just did it 7 the tps
would that account for everything i also talked to someone from honda they said mabey the cat
By Ajax1989
blueg wrote:ya i just did it 7 the tps
would that account for everything i also talked to someone from honda they said mabey the cat

yes the tps has a major affect on the motor..
if the ecu is told its at a certain voltage. it will dump the corect amout of fule

so if its going WOT which is 4.5 volts the ecu might be reading 2 volts so its only gettin fule... so id replace the tps 1st.. way cheaper then a cat

let us know what happens
By bks84
#283331 Dont replace the tps without checking it first. You'll need a voltmeter to do so
By blueg
#283400 k so i replaced the tps and as of right now it doesnt bog like
crazy but when i put my foot to the floor from idle it bogs then goes but if i quickly hit the gas and back of then back on it it goes normal
any more ideas
btw im still getting the cel
By blueg
#283401 just went and jumped the ecu and 4 codes came up
5,7,10 and 41!!!!!
By blueg
#283403 the codes are map tps air intake temp sensor and primary o2 sensor heater i have no idea what im going to do like i changed the map and the tps and it still flashing the codes
like do i have to reset the ecu?
By Ajax1989
#283404 Is ur harness plugged in rite?
By blueg
#283406 i bought it the way it is
By bks84
#283420 is the harness all hacked up?

pull the IAT sensor out, check the tip to see if its burnt. if it is, then it needs replaced. also, if its burnt theres a reason, check and make sure the wires are correct.

a burnt IAT can screw up the ECU as well, so be prepared for that.

TPS and MAP use the same plug. so, swap the plugs on both sensors and see if that fixes those two codes.

and ya, if you "fix" a code you have to clear the ecu. just either pull the fuse (in the fuse panel) or just unplug the ecu.
By blueg
#283428 im not sure were the iat is can you post some pics or tell me where it would be
im going to go and check the cu once again seeing how i unpluged the ecu so lets see what happens
By blueg
#283430 ok so now ive done the following

ive changed the throttle body with the tps
ive changed the map sensor from the type that bolts to throttle body to the type that is connected by a hose i had to do this casue the donor tb was this type

now im left with code 41 wich is suppose to be o2 sensor heater?

what is the o2 heater?
By blueg
#283432 now throught rial and error and unplugging and pluging sensors in and out ive unplugged the o2 sensor and its running the same as it was plugged in so im assuming its toast now ive got another sensor from a b series now its got the same wires but differant colours any help on this would be great