B16, B18, B20
By roy93
#283120 ok so i have a b16a 2nd gen jdm motor with a supposed 80k. i can only go off what he said. bought it from a guy off craigslist. herd it run sounded great no rattled pings or knocks. here are my plans before the install: timing belt, alt belt, main seals, if not too difficult cam seal, new energy suspention motor mount inserts, synthetic motor and manual tranny oil(open to suggestions on the choice of tranny fluid). oh yeah, and clean it up a little lol. cant really think of much else. please share any thoughts of what you would do in this situation. thanks!!! [img][img]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i360/_roy1979/Snapbucket/D606257B-orig.jpg[/img] [/img] Image
By Apexracing
#283137 Change every gasket you can. And use only honda mtf. Also change the cap and rotor plugs and wires etc. I would also check or change the thermostat while your there. Maybe even the water pump. just easier to do when the motor is out. Separate the trans and check the clutch and flywheel for wear. also check the throw our bearing too. :thumb: :thumb:
By blk92hb
#283182 dont forget the timing belt tensioner, intake gasket, while you have the cam seal out you will need valve cover gasket, and vtec gasket.
By TrailerTrash
#283211 all of the above.

and speaking from personal experience, if your motor mounts are worn out, ES inserts arent going to fix them. you would be better off with new OEM replacements or Innovatives/Hasports.
By roy93
TrailerTrash wrote:all of the above.

and speaking from personal experience, if your motor mounts are worn out, ES inserts arent going to fix them. you would be better off with new OEM replacements or Innovatives/Hasports.
its a direct bolt to what i have. my MM are pristine. so till i can get me some kick ass hasports i will just use those.
By Ajax1989
#283230 X2 on everything mentioned.. I would even do the head gasket too.. make sure to use all OEM parts tho
By TrailerTrash
roy93 wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:all of the above.

its a direct bolt to what i have. my MM are pristine. so till i can get me some kick ass hasports i will just use those.

that works :thumb: