B16, B18, B20
By jadeydrag0117
#282881 Can you fit a b16a3 with auto tranny into an EG??

Also;

what engines Bseries or other, could u fit besides stupid b18's, with more HP + how long would auto trannys from gsr, del sol Vtec, civic si's, last with them?... and what else auto trannys are there?

:x
By dbrooks
#282882 Why do you want an automatic transmission?
By jadeydrag0117
dbrooks wrote:Why do you want an automatic transmission?

the car i have isnt for racing, i wanted a EG chassis but not a d15b7!! so i need something stronger...but ill get a stick later
By dbrooks
#282888 Manual transmissions aren't just for racing. You get better fuel economy with them. If you're going to get one later, I'd go ahead and get one now and save yourself a lot of trouble.
By blk92hb
#282909 the only auto trans is the integra ls and crv. you can run the b20 from the crv as well you dont have to run b16a, b18b, b18c1, c5, or b16b.

i can understand running an auto for dd but it will be alot easier to run a manual trans with the different motors,
By Eg6H2D
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:Can you fit a b16a3 with auto tranny into an EG??

Also;

what engines Bseries or other, could u fit besides stupid b18's, with more HP + how long would auto trannys from gsr, del sol Vtec, civic si's, last with them?... and what else auto trannys are there?

:x

The guy doing my H swap just finished up a JDM GSR auto swap.. the SIR-G into a 93 Civic EX Auto.. it's not just going to drop right in. a few mods are needed.. but it's doable.!!

Got facebook? Check it out.,.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wang-A ... 9064010861
By jadeydrag0117
blk92hb wrote:the only auto trans is the integra ls and crv. you can run the b20 from the crv as well you dont have to run b16a, b18b, b18c1, c5, or b16b.

i can understand running an auto for dd but it will be alot easier to run a manual trans with the different motors,

cool yeah good to know, uhh.. i planing on have a auto eg and manual EG :D lol

is the tranny gonna last long?? i jsut wanna know a vtec and auto trranny setup ...with the tranny that lasts years like a factory car or something
By jadeydrag0117
elrompetoto wrote:is ur car auto if it is it will drop in both jdm b16 and gsr came auto

ur saying b16 with auto gsr tranny will fit? is theyr gsr auto?
By Apexracing
#282952 Yup some gsr's came auto.
By bks84
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:
blk92hb wrote:the only auto trans is the integra ls and crv. you can run the b20 from the crv as well you dont have to run b16a, b18b, b18c1, c5, or b16b.

cool yeah good to know, uhh.. i planing on have a auto eg and manual EG :D lol

is the tranny gonna last long?? i jsut wanna know a vtec and auto trranny setup ...with the tranny that lasts years like a factory car or something

Why wouldn't it? If its treated correctly, not driven like shit, taken care of, it should last just as long as any other automatic transmission.
elrompetoto wrote:is ur car auto if it is it will drop in both jdm b16 and gsr came auto

ur saying b16 with auto gsr tranny will fit? is theyr gsr auto?

good luck finding a gsr auto trans, you're probably better off using an LS automatic. More commonly available and probably a lot cheaper.
Apexracing wrote:Yup some gsr's came auto.
B16's came as auto's as well.

Keep in mind, if you were to located a real b16 or gsr auto trans you'll need the transmission control computer as well, otherwise the shift points wont be the same, not sure if that'll cause any trouble or not.
By jadeydrag0117
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:is the tranny gonna last long?? i jsut wanna know a vtec and auto trranny setup ...with the tranny that lasts years like a factory car or something

bks84 wrote:Why wouldn't it? If its treated correctly, not driven like shit, taken care of, it should last just as long as any other automatic transmission.

just wanna make sure the engine isnt to strong for the trannys theyre suggesting, but iddnt read that the tranys were for those engines.
By Eg6H2D

It's not just going to drop in.. Well this JDM SIR-G Auto didnt.. it was a 93 EX AUTO.

This is me referring to a full JDM GSR Auto Swap..

to use the trans mount it wont fit right on the passenger side. u gotta make it fit, by making another hole to to put the bolt through the frame rail mount. Also if it's a JDM motor, you have to fit the Shifter cable / wire from the JDM motor. Also you have to modify the Throtlle cable as the JDM One has a different head on it..

There's a few things that need to be done for it to be fully functional.. oh and then there is the fun part of the auto GSR ECU!!

IM just saying it can be done but it's not going to be a drop in type of thing..

Check out the page i posted above..
By jadeydrag0117
EG6b20R wrote:

It's not just going to drop in.. Well this JDM SIR-G Auto didnt.. it was a 93 EX AUTO.

to use the trans mount it wont fit right on the passenger side. u gotta make it fit, by making another hole to to put the bolt through the frame rail mount. Also if it's a JDM motor, you have to fit the Shifter cable / wire from the JDM motor. Also you have to modify the Throtlle cable as the JDM One has a different head on it..

There's a few things that need to be done for it to be fully functional.. oh and then there is the fun part of the auto GSR ECU!!

IM just saying it can be done but it's not going to be a drop in type of thing..

yeah of course haha i dont think i want anything on my car to just drop right on should be done carefully and perfect even a freakin lip kit, how much would that labor cost?? it sounds like less work than i expected too..
By Eg6H2D
EG6b20R wrote:

yeah of course haha i dont think i want anything on my car to just drop right on should be done carefully and perfect even a freakin lip kit, how much would that labor cost?? it sounds like less work than i expected too..

Anything you want to know can be found here.. ask all the questions you want..

here's a clip and contact info at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWA5vtFlkJE

:thumb: