B16, B18, B20
By bradleyg
#282869 I'm looking at getting a B16A in the future and I cant figure out the difference between the two. I would like to know the benefits of each and which one you guys would suggest I buy. I don't plan on building it much because it is my daily driver, maybe I will do I/H/E but I really like the stock look too when everything is all clean. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Also wondering what kind of gas mileage you guys are getting with your B16A's :thumb:
By bradleyg
JUICE wrote:any reason in particular you are set on a B16?

I am actually not set on a B16 but I do like them and I heard that they are easy to find parts for, what do you suggest?
By JUICE
#282875 ^^ you can get the JDM "GSR" B18C for about the same price as the B16's. it's beyond me why anyone wouldn't get the 18, it's a night and day difference in performance to a B16..
By bradleyg
JUICE wrote:^^ you can get the JDM "GSR" B18C for about the same price as the B16's. it's beyond me why anyone wouldn't get the 18, it's a night and day difference in performance to a B16..

Where do you find a B18C for the same price as a B16?
By poorman type-r
bradleyg wrote:
JUICE wrote:^^ you can get the JDM "GSR" B18C for about the same price as the B16's. it's beyond me why anyone wouldn't get the 18, it's a night and day difference in performance to a B16..

Where do you find a B18C for the same price as a B16?

He said about the same price, and you can put together a motor for a lot cheaper. Craigslist my friend.
By dbrooks
#282892 x2

I picked up a GSR motor and tranny for $600. It was from a freind though. I've seen several for as low as a grand.
By bradleyg
#282906 I'm kind of skeptical about craigslist though, especially in the LA area, I wouldn't feel very assured about what I am buying, its like for all I know I could plain out not run, whereas if I buy from a reputable reseller with a guarantee I feel.much safer. What do you look for when you buy from Craigslist? Anything i should look out for?
By Eg6H2D
JUICE wrote:About a $200 difference just glancing hmotors.. Well worth it for a 13 second car instead of a 15.. :lol:

:lol:

Also depending on Driver. You cant drive you'll run 17s.. lol. !!
By poorman type-r
bradleyg wrote:I'm kind of skeptical about craigslist though, especially in the LA area, I wouldn't feel very assured about what I am buying, its like for all I know I could plain out not run, whereas if I buy from a reputable reseller with a guarantee I feel.much safer. What do you look for when you buy from Craigslist? Anything i should look out for?

Make sure the guy knows what he is talking about if he said he put the motor together. If it has aftermarket parts tell them to show the receipt or pictures. Have them do a compression test when you get there, shift through the gears on the transmission to make sure they are smooth, tell him to write a bill of sale and take down all of his information just in case he sold you a busted ass motor you could take him to court.