B16, B18, B20
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#281499 sooo i am trying to get my build back on track here and i need to know what is the safest for me to bore out my ls motor to with out weekening the walls too much or anything like that...any suggestions or links to something that could help me that would be great...i tried the search thing but didnt find anything so sorry if this has been asked already
By Fada Blayne
#281544 if you still have a stock bore you can go .5 to 1mm more you really dont need more than that.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#281610 it should be stock bore...and i think yu meen .05 not .5...and im not looking for anything crazy...just looking for nice new cylinder walls and i figured might as well bore it out a bit instead of just honing it out...thanks for the help :thumb:...as far as getting a 82mm piston..i tried finding some but am having a lot of trouble...any ideas?? what kind of compression should i bee looking for now?? please and thank yu :D

EDIT: do you think boring it out from 81mm to 81.5mm is enough??

new to the whole engine rebuild thing so sry for all the questions
By JUICE
#281622 N/A or do you plan on boosting it?

N/A, you could probably bore to 82mm

boost, i wouldn't go more than 81.5
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#281624 im going to boost it...so im just gunna go with 81.5 then...but when im looking for pistons..how do i determin which is correct for me in terms of compression ratio??? there are soooo many dif. choices :?
By Fada Blayne
#281652 Are you going turbo? If so generally most turbo tuners try to go with a lower compression ratio. So with that being said i would do a 8.5:1 cp and save myself the worrying when i slap the turbo on vs going with a higher compression and worrying about if i have too much boost.

If your going all motor your good up to 12.5:1 compression.
By d-mon
1-low-92-EG-Sedan wrote:EDIT: do you think boring it out from 81mm to 81.5mm is enough??

when you have decided on your pistons, take them, and your block to the machine shop and have it bored with the p2w appropriate for the level of boost you will be running.