B16, B18, B20
By Fada Blayne
#281651 he's talking about sleeving the block, but if your on a budget i would forget about that and just save up for when i plan on rebuilding. it costs more to install the sleeves than the actual price of the sleeves lol

I think .020 is an excellent idea but i just wanted to know why u wanted to do it thats all. In most cases you would want to bore and hone. That way ur positive that ur pistons and cylinder walls will be within spec of each other.
By Gustavo
Fada Blayne wrote:he's talking about sleeving the block, but if your on a budget i would forget about that and just save up for when i plan on rebuilding. it costs more to install the sleeves than the actual price of the sleeves lol

I think .020 is an excellent idea but i just wanted to know why u wanted to do it thats all. In most cases you would want to bore and hone. That way ur positive that ur pistons and cylinder walls will be within spec of each other.

He was also telling me i need to make my 1.8 into a 2.0 so i can reach my 200hp goal. By boring it out does this make my 1.8 into a 2.0?
By bks84
#281810 yes, i you bore an engine it increases displacement.
By Fada Blayne
#281883 a 81.5 bore wont take you there, but that guy is also leading you astray. you do NOT need a 2.0 bore to make 200whp. i know of cars doing that with stock bores locally. Higher compression would help with also the use of quality parts such as cams, headers,exhaust,etc and most essentially your tune.
By Eg6H2D
Fada Blayne wrote:a 81.5 bore wont take you there, but that guy is also leading you astray. you do NOT need a 2.0 bore to make 200whp. i know of cars doing that with stock bores locally. Higher compression would help with also the use of quality parts such as cams, headers,exhaust,etc and most essentially your tune.

^^ what he said!! :thumb:
By Gustavo
Fada Blayne wrote:a 81.5 bore wont take you there, but that guy is also leading you astray. you do NOT need a 2.0 bore to make 200whp. i know of cars doing that with stock bores locally. Higher compression would help with also the use of quality parts such as cams, headers,exhaust,etc and most essentially your tune.

Wat would u recommend?
By JUICE
#282019 stock sleeves can handle 500+whp with a good motor/tune.. you'll be fine without "sleeving" the block for a NA build

if your gonna do it up with the pistons/rods your talking about.. I'd say go 82mm which is i think 0.040 over, which would only make it easier to reach your power goal. tuner might just be trying to get you there on a more conservative/reliable tune..
By Gustavo
JUICE wrote:stock sleeves can handle 500+whp with a good motor/tune.. you'll be fine without "sleeving" the block for a NA build

if your gonna do it up with the pistons/rods your talking about.. I'd say go 82mm which is i think 0.040 over, which would only make it easier to reach your power goal. tuner might just be trying to get you there on a more conservative/reliable tune..

Oh ok. I will start calling machine shops n see how much they charge 2 bore out my bottom end.