B16, B18, B20
By grrttwright
#279382 I just did a full b16a2 swap into my eg hatch, i cant get it to run. i have it down to the injector wiring. its a pieced together wiring harness that my buddy helped me with. i am trying to rewire the injectors but have no idea how to start doing this.. please help. i am very new to working on cars but want to learn lots. thanks. please be detailed. dont mind pictures ether.
By Gunni
#279402 here is a pinout for the ecu at least ... little bit more info on what harness u have would be nice..

http://www.ff-squad.com/technet/wiring/obd1/obd1.pin.schematics.gif

there are also good D.I.Y here..
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1474

also if u have bad ground wire on motor u can get this problem .
By asianrob
#279404 why did you try to rewire the injectors ?
By bks84
#279435 are you needing to know the order in which they go?

If so,

Injector #1 is yellow & yellow-black
Injector #2 is blue & yellow-black
Injector #3 is red & yellow-black
Injector #4 is brown & yellow-black

Injector/Cylinder #1 is closest to the timing belt, injector/cylinder 4 is closest to the trans.
By grrttwright
#279474 I bought the swap and they guy gave me a different wire harness. so i had to take an obd1 harness and switch the plugs to obd2
By grrttwright
#279563 so turns out injector 4 was wired wrong. (i guess thats why you get when you do wiring at 4 in the morning) so i fixed it. and still wont start. i get spark, and the fuel rail gets fuel. but injectors wont fire. my ecu works in my buddys civic so thats not the problem. any ideas on what it could be?
By bks84
#279576 Save yourself the trouble, find a DX engine harness, add VTEC wiring and profit. It'll save you sooo much time and trouble.

Otherwise, check grounds, troubleshoot just like you would any other electrical issue.
By grrttwright
bks84 wrote:Save yourself the trouble, find a DX engine harness, add VTEC wiring and profit. It'll save you sooo much time and trouble.

i would but i have no money really. i just need to fix this one. any idea how much one would cost. well around how much..
By bks84
#279580 I had an EX one that I sold for $75, so I would assume they'd be less than that.

Trust me, its worth it.
By grrttwright
#279581 so i need an obd1 dx wiring harness? but wont i have to convert the plugs to obd2 since the engine is obd2?
By bks84
#279583 yea, it'll be a lot easier to do if you start with a good ahrness

you dont need a DX harness, you can use an EX one as well. DX harnesses may be easier to come by.
By grrttwright
#279586 what makes this a bad harness? this harness came with the car (shell) while the other one didnt have vtec or anything that came with the swap. so we converted the one that came with the car to fit obd2 plugs.
By bks84
#279610 Because you said its a pieced together wire harness...