B16, B18, B20
By Eg6H2D
#277981 Maybe someone can chime in on time.. Got a buddy with a 99 civic Si. had a JDM 96 Spec GSR swap in it. running the 96 ecu for it also that it came with. Now he's trying to inspect it but since OBD2 has to be scanned at the Inspection place when they plugged it in, it said they couldnt communicate with the ECU.. Now i know 99 Civic's are OBD2b He doesnt have his stock p28 from that Si. the car came LS when he purchased it..

Now he went and picked up a 2000 GSR p72 ecu due to it being an OBD2b also. seller did mention the immobilizer was removed from the ECU. it plugged in fine started up and turned of with in 10 seconds?

any idea as to what to do now.. a jumper is needed do you think? what to do now?

it just needs to read a USDM ecu and he gets a sticker... :roll:
By RWMIII
#277984 So he is running an OBD2A motor in an OBD2B car? iirc he should of had to use an obd2b to obd2a conversion harness for the OBD2A ECU to work. It needs to be taken off so that the OBD2B ECU will work. (If the immobilizer truly is taken out)
By Eg6H2D
RWMIII wrote:So he is running an OBD2A motor in an OBD2B car? iirc he should of had to use an obd2b to obd2a conversion harness for the OBD2A ECU to work. It needs to be taken off so that the OBD2B ECU will work. (If the immobilizer truly is taken out)

yea a 96 sepc B18c Sir engine from JDM nation.. lol and Yea that's exactly what i thought. and told him to do, but car ran only for 10 seconds and turned off which i think is what the immobilzer does if it's in there right?
By RWMIII
EG6b20R wrote:
RWMIII wrote:So he is running an OBD2A motor in an OBD2B car? iirc he should of had to use an obd2b to obd2a conversion harness for the OBD2A ECU to work. It needs to be taken off so that the OBD2B ECU will work. (If the immobilizer truly is taken out)

yea a 96 sepc B18c Sir engine from JDM nation.. lol and Yea that's exactly what i thought. and told him to do, but car ran only for 10 seconds and turned off which i think is what the immobilzer does if it's in there right?

Bingo!! It kills fuel and spark.