B16, B18, B20
By bks84
#276907 Putting together a B20V for next season, longblock is already done and ready to go. However Im at a crossroads concerning header choice.

What the car is used for: I'll be auto-x it and if time/schedule permits road racing. During the summer I will be DD'ing the car as well.

Build Specs: 84.5 RS Machine ITR Pistons, Eagle Rods, Stock crank, ITR flywheel, Fluidampr crank pulley, B16 head, RS Machine port work, Supertech "all motor" springs, Supertech retainers, Supertech flat faced valves, Skunk2 Pro2 cams...

I've considered the typical Hytech Tri-y, RMF Narrow, Rage Big Tube Try-Y.

I'm shooting for 220 whp (or more!!!).

Also still in the air, I'm debating on running ITB's or just a manifold. My last build was pretty similar, with the only differences being I was using BuddyClub4's and a blox manifold.

If I went ITB's it would be 48mm tapered Jenvey's (48/45/43).

That said, what header would work best for an auto-x/dd making around 220?
By blk92hb
#276982 try the skunk2 alpha header. they are making more power then the others and its cheaper then the megapower header.
By poorman type-r
#276991 I got good results on the Hytech Tri-Y headers. How about RMF headers? I have read that Rage headers suck, don't know if that is true or not. You will hit 220 for sure though don't worry about that. Even if you don't you will be damn close. B20v's are beast motors especially when they crack vtec :thumb:

Good luck on the build. What compression pistons are you running?
By OhShft!
#276993 Bisihmoto headers i think i spelled it close hahah but ive heard nothing but good things and power gains but they are exspsnsive
By bks84
#277019 Ill check out the alpha header...

I think its 11.5:1+/-. Not sure exactly. B16 head, stock head gasket, no milling or decking. I used the tri y on my last b20v and had pretty decent results 215/15x.

I've looked into bisimoto and read a lot of stuff bout em cracking. One local guy used em on his semi built d. Ended up cracking two of em. After getting the first on fixed and it.cracking again he sent the header back and reinstalled a DC header.

Thanks for the suggestions though., ill look into it.
By Eg6H2D
#277166 I say go with a Bisimoto engineering header. he makes it custom to your specs . specifically for you. i mean hold off save up and get the better stuff IMO!! It's better than off the shelf units!!!!!

http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?mai ... cts_id=362

BISI FTW!@!!!
:thumb:
By Eg6H2D
bks84 wrote:Ill check out the alpha header...

I think its 11.5:1+/-. Not sure exactly. B16 head, stock head gasket, no milling or decking. I used the tri y on my last b20v and had pretty decent results 215/15x.

I've looked into bisimoto and read a lot of stuff bout em cracking. One local guy used em on his semi built d. Ended up cracking two of em. After getting the first on fixed and it.cracking again he sent the header back and reinstalled a DC header.

Thanks for the suggestions though., ill look into it.

A bisi header cracking? 1st time i hear of this.. please post a link!!!

There can be many personal factors as to why that one was cracking.. usually when a header "cracks" it's because your using stock mounts and the header has not Flex pipe to take the vibrations and what not.. it's definately something to look into ya know..
By EJ1_MK
#277170 Personally go with the Alpha Skunk2 header. Seems to be making good power out of the box and you know the quality is going to be great.
By Eg6H2D
#277171 Bam here we go!!

on this thread go about about the 10th or 11th reply.. as to why the header cracked...

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2477008
By Eg6H2D
EJ1_MK wrote:Personally go with the Alpha Skunk2 header. Seems to be making good power out of the box and you know the quality is going to be great.

Bisi quality is Superb! :thumb: Ever bought anything from bisi? No? then you wouldnt know.. :lol:
By EJ1_MK
EG6b20R wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:Personally go with the Alpha Skunk2 header. Seems to be making good power out of the box and you know the quality is going to be great.

Bisi quality is Superb! :thumb: Ever bought anything from bisi? No? then you wouldnt know.. :lol:

Never said they don't but for the bisi header you need more than ITR compression to really get the best power out of it.

Bisi is a great company to get anything from but for a street track car you want more of an all around header not a equal length header, manly for drag racing and high compression engines.
By bks84
#277228 Well... eg6b20r the incident didnt happen on the itnernet, happened in real life. Can't remember what mounts he was using,but it was installed per Bisi specs, so it shouldn't have cracked. Albeit, they warrantied it out, and either fixed it or got him a new one in the end, it just ended up cracking again.

Not something I want to deal with, personally.

Are you endorsed by Bisi, you sure are confident in their products. What have you bought from them? And for the price, there are other options out there for a header.

Austin - The skunk2 megapower and alpha header look identical, they dont really go into much detail on the differences between the two.
By Eg6H2D
EJ1_MK wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:

Never said they don't but for the bisi header you need more than ITR compression to really get the best power out of it.

Bisi is a great company to get anything from but for a street track car you want more of an all around header not a equal length header, manly for drag racing and high compression engines.

He makes the header specifically what you will be using it for.. that's what your paying for to get what you want.. if it's for the track he will make it for the track if it's for street he will make it for that... Like mentioned before the header is manufactured SET UP Dependant! So what ever it is your running it will be made to make the most power out of your set up. it's not a one design header accross the board. he makes it for what ever your running.. Guy's a legit Scientist! Call and talk to him and you will see for yourself.. His headers make more power over the top of the line Shelf/Out of the Box unit you can buy. Dont get me wrong Skunk2 is good shit Ive used Skunk2 to products and had no issues. there just comes a time where you have to move to bigger and better things. Sorry to Say but Bisimoto Engineering is pretty up there in the honda game. not to mention other areas as well..!fastest all motor HONDAS Run Bisimoto.. ! :thumb:

BKs ---- That too happened in real life a real person that it happened to and decided to talk about it.. and No im not endorsed by Bisi I WISH!! and no means for you to talk ISH just because I stand behind his products.. but you know what to each it's own.. and im not saying this in a rude manner either.. You asked a question on a header, Suggestion, recommendations what we thought about things and that's what you got..

Just get something custom made to benefit your set up. it'll be better for you in the long run..
By bks84
#277281 I know plenty about Bisi, I didn't talk any "ish" about Bisi aside from saying I don't wanna deal with having it crack, taking it off, sending it back... blah blah.

and ya, I know I asked for suggestions about headers, but you came into the thread posted 4 times about how great Bisi was then you seemingly get butthurt over me saying that I'd rather not deal with one cracking and the potential down time.

Appears I have to spend $1000 to get a warranty...

I guess I should've thrown in a budget for the header, I'm lookin' to spend no more than $750 on it.
By RWMIII
After talking with Skunk2, there are no physical differences between the MegaPower and the new Alpha header. The manufacturing techniques have changed, instead of manually TIG welding with full argon backpurge, they've found new welding processes that eliminate the cost of argon while removing oxygen from the weld area. So less time and less consumables/materials to produce the same product with equivalent weld quality.

In short, any MegaPower dyno results will be the same as Alpha Series results.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2978705

http://cms.skunk2.com/id/751/B-Series-A ... es-Header/