B16, B18, B20
By SadisticApparel
#275869 K so ya im new here, hey, but anyway. I currently have a 92 DX sedan, (d15b7 unfortunately) and a 94 Teg LS, both 5 speed. I have both Full running driving cars at my disposal. I read up on how "easy" it is on swapping the b18. What im asking is if Im correct by assuming I need the following for the whole swap.

LS Motor
LS Tranny(both are hydro)
ECU
Axles
Linkage
Teg mounts.

If im wrong in assuming i dont need anything else i would like to know. I followed a walkthru posted on here but before i start tearing both of my cars apart i wanted to make sure the process is as straight forward as it sounds lol. Just seems too easy to me is all so wanted to make sure.

Heres the post i was reading
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm Post subject: The ol b18 swap
This swap isnt really that hard to do at all!!! all you will need are the following:

Integra motor mounts!!!!
Integra shift linkage
Integra(bseries) axels
and a integra ecu pref. onethat is obd1 since your eg civic is already obd1..otherwise you will have to purchase a conversion harnessfrom either obd0 to obd1 or obd2 to obd1.

This swap really is not that hard at all. All you need to do is undo your harness by the six plugs. three on each side of the motor.
once those are out make sure you have everything disconected and out of your way. ex. exhaust manifold. radiator...etc.

Then what you will want to do is take of your shift linkage and take out your axels.

then what you want to do is just loosen your motor mounts and hook up your chain to using two sterdy mount holes to lift your motor up and out of your car.

Then take out your bolts and begin to lift your motor out of the car (you might need to jock it around a little bit but it will come out.)

The start with you new b series motor and work your way backwards from which you started.

This is a good learning project. If you work on it non stop you should be able to get it done in three to four days.

If you have any questions or comments pm me i check it often.

--Kevin

Any help is appreciated
By Greasedmonkey
#275879 You pretty much got it down. What model civic is this going into? You might want to grab the engine harness from the teg just in case.

Where abouts in Texas are you?
By SadisticApparel
#275883 im in ft worth, I have both complete running vehicles so extra parts are no biggy seeing as all of the brakes/suspension/exhaust and everything are going into my civic as well. the teg will probably be sitting on the ground in my backyard by the time im done with it, its a 92 DX Sedan and its coming from a 94 LS 2 door

Just wanted to make sure it was actually that easy lol, with my ef i had to get aftermarket mounts and all kinds of BS to get my B16 in. it will be nice for a change to have everything i need and be a pretty straight forward swap. Ive seen write ups of people doing that exact process and doing the swap in 3-4 hrs
By Gold DA9
#275898 Sometimes there are somethings pinned out differently, so its always a good idea to reuse the original harness thats in the car that is getting the swapping and adding whatever wires are needed if any are.
By Greasedmonkey
#275944 Nothing is pinned differently for a DX though. I used my stock Si harness for my LS swap and now B20 swap. You should be fine with what you have. I would also swap the tegs front subframe with steering rack as well, if you have PS, I believe its a bit better.
By RWMIII
Greasedmonkey wrote:Nothing is pinned differently for a DX though. I used my stock Si harness for my LS swap and now B20 swap. You should be fine with what you have. I would also swap the tegs front subframe with steering rack as well, if you have PS, I believe its a bit better.

X2
By SadisticApparel
#276056 sweet, ill keep all of yall updated for sure, btw what about the front spindles? do I need to change those out for the axle splines or will the axles fit into the DX Spindles, if i have to no big deal, just determines if I do the front suspension/brake swap at the time of engine swap or not.

Friends givin me a hand and some company on the 23rd so Ill make a post with the progress :)
By Greasedmonkey
#276113 Use the integra spindles, bigger brakes that way.
By SadisticApparel
#276116 ya that was the plan but i can do the suspension any time, i just didnt wanna keep my extra set of hands if i didnt have to, luckily i have friends that will help me do a swap for some mcdonalds and some beer lol.
By SadisticApparel
#278140 alrighty so swap is goin down saturday, i have to get the fluctuating idle problem on the b18b so went the the aicv today and didnt help so time for some trouble shooting thruought the week before pulling it, i tried to pull a code but never owned a teg and looked for the led on the ecu but there isnt one, its a solid cover and upon unbolting there is no led so time to learn about the car a bit more so i can get it ready to swap
By RWMIII
#278156 Led is obd0. For obd1 there is a plug you have to jump. Then you get the codes via the flashing check engine light like the obd0 led :thumb: the plug is located near the ecu, under the dash to the right side of glove box.
By SadisticApparel
#278165 got it jumped and nevr threw any codes, so im gonna pull apart the fitv today sometime and make sure to bleed my coolant system. :thumb: hopefully the swap goes as easy as everyone says so i can drive my eg lol, I cant stand my teg i hate the body style