B16, B18, B20
By vtecpowerrr
#275618 i took apart my b18a1 today and when i took off my main bearings and my rod bearings i didnt notice where they all went and i threw them in a bag.. now i dont know witch ones go where but they are all brown except for two that are green... Does it matter if i order my bearings all brown? is there a big difference between brown and green..

Thank you !
By RWMIII
#275676 The color of the bearing denotes the size/thickness of the bearing.

Green is 2.004-2.001mm / 0.0789-0.0788 in

Brown is 2.007-2.004mm / 0.0790-0.0789 in

you will need to plastigage the crank to determine where each bearing goes. Here is a how to on the process: http://www.team-integra.net/forum/blogs ... rings.html
By vtecpowerrr
#275798 Thanks but does it really matter if i put a brown bearing where a green one goes ?
Because of all the main crank bearings that i have, there is only one that is green... so it had to be matched with a brown one..
And for the connecting rod bearings there is also only one bearing that was colored green.. So both green bearings were matched with a brown one..

So does it really matter if i get all of my bearings brown ?
By RWMIII
vtecpowerrr wrote:Thanks but does it really matter if i put a brown bearing where a green one goes ?
Because of all the main crank bearings that i have, there is only one that is green... so it had to be matched with a brown one..
And for the connecting rod bearings there is also only one bearing that was colored green.. So both green bearings were matched with a brown one..

So does it really matter if i get all of my bearings brown ?

Yes it matters. Bearing clearances are no joke.
By OhShft!
#275859 you dont wanan ruin your engine bearings are no joke and should be trippke checked when installed and you should buy a book on your engine
By bks84
#275924 You should probably do some research on bearings, clearances and all that before you attempt to reassemble the engine. It could end up costing you a small fortune if you don't.
By teal_dx
#275955 http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=21
There's a link explaining how Honda's color coded bearings work with their cranks. And yes, it is crucial that you have the correct size bearings. :thumb:
By vtecpowerrr
#276021 alright guys :p

But it makes no sense to me that a "green" colored bearing is matched with a "brown" colored one..one half of the bearing is brown and the other half is green... why cant i just have both "brown" ???
By RWMIII
vtecpowerrr wrote:alright guys :p

But it makes no sense to me that a "green" colored bearing is matched with a "brown" colored one..one half of the bearing is brown and the other half is green... why cant i just have both "brown" ???

Because it is 2 different sizes.
By vtecpowerrr
#276160 ok so its normal that i have two different sizes of bearings on the SAME journal ???? makes no sense !
By RWMIII
vtecpowerrr wrote:ok so its normal that i have two different sizes of bearings on the SAME journal ???? makes no sense !

That is normal as long as the clearances are good. Engine building 101. Makes perfect sense.
By bks84
vtecpowerrr wrote:ok so its normal that i have two different sizes of bearings on the SAME journal ???? makes no sense !

Like I said man, do some research.

If there are two different thickness bearings on the same cap then that means the hole is bigger on one side versus the other.

Its clear you havent the slightest idea how to tackle reassembly, so save yourself the headache and cash now and take it to some who can reassemble it for you.
By vtecpowerrr
#276211 Don't worry i know how to reassemble it.. i work in heavy machinery.. B18 is a joke compared to a Cummins N14 ^^

I'm just having a hard time to choose the right bearing sizes, i'm gonna try the plastigauge method to determine the size of the bearings that i need..

Thanks for all your help guys :p
By RWMIII
vtecpowerrr wrote:Don't worry i know how to reassemble it.. i work in heavy machinery.. B18 is a joke compared to a Cummins N14 ^^

I'm just having a hard time to choose the right bearing sizes, i'm gonna try the plastigauge method to determine the size of the bearings that i need..

Thanks for all your help guys :p

Good plan :thumb: