B16, B18, B20
By OhShft!
#275262 okay so if i run a b18a1 crank in my gsr can i run forged b18b1 rods and have no problems with my pistons that i bought for my gsr
By bks84
#275264 B18a1, b18b1, b20b, b20z use the same rods.
By Fada Blayne
#275304 What kind of pistons did you buy? If they are forged aftermarket such as CP,JE,Wiseco,etc you they will work on the forged rods. Nippon, etc will not.

As for using Ls rods and crank in a Gsr block you will have to modify ur oil squirters or even block them off. the Reason for this is they will chafe if you dont want that to happen
By RWMIII
Fada Blayne wrote:What kind of pistons did you buy? If they are forged aftermarket such as CP,JE,Wiseco,etc you they will work on the forged rods. Nippon, etc will not.

As for using Ls rods and crank in a Gsr block you will have to modify ur oil squirters or even block them off. the Reason for this is they will chafe if you dont want that to happen

^^X2
By Fada Blayne
#275439 Oil Squirters are small devices connected via steel lines directly from the oil system. Oil squirters are typically a part of low volume, high pressure oil pumps and are the main factor in providing pressure to the oiling system.

The Purpose:
The number of oil squirters in an engine is typically equal to the number of pistons within the said engine. Located at the bottom of the engine block, they take their supply of oil and funnel it into a small nozzle so that it is sprayed upwards to strike the cylinder wall and underside of the piston. This fresh supply of oil is used to cool the bottom of the piston, thus, keeping the temperature of the moving parts to a minimum.

So with the increased stroke of the LS crank and Rods you would hit the squirters and damage them. Golden Eagle makes Block off plugs to prevent this and as a bonus you will see and increase in oil pressure.
:)
By OhShft!
#275499 hahah how is that a bonuses
By Fada Blayne
#275581 it only bumps it up 10-20 psi more. thats not enough to harm your motor. The benefit of high oil pressure is that it will aid in the longevity of your bearings.Sufficient oil pressure ensures that the metal of the journal and the bearing shell can never touch.
By bks84
OhShft! wrote:well i bought je pistons 9.2:1 http://realstreetperformance.com/store/ ... 5-413.html heres the site actually rEALLY GREAT GUYS TO WORK WITH sorry for caps
but there for gsr and what do you mean the oil squirters and why do i have to remove them

...did you specify LS length rods or just get the combo thats listed on that page?

http://realstreetperformance.com wrote:These are JE Pistons and Eagle Rods for Honda B-Series Engines B18C

If you didnt specify LS length rods, then you're going to have to run a GSR crank.
By OhShft!
#275602 i know that..... i had hopes of finding another gsr crank but its beging to be hard i am thinking of ls unless i can find a gsr crNK
By bks84
#275610 oh, you linked us to a piston/rod combo package and wanted to make sure you didnt just buy them thinking they'd work.

i'll look around locally and see if I can help locate a good gsr crank, if i remember right my buddy was selling one.
By OhShft!
#275650 Yeah i wanted to show the kind of rods and pistons i got an thanks that would help
By bks84
#275759 eagles are a good choice, very popular. my friend said he has a crank, but dunno if its any good
By OhShft!
#275789 well look into it if you can please and thanks :thumb: