B16, B18, B20
By illason
#275254 What is a good/average price for a b18c5? 5000? Too much?
By Eg6H2D
JUICE wrote:too much

B18C5 98+ Type R Engine + Trans - $3500
B18C5 Integra Type R w Manual 96-97 - $3200

http://zerolift.com/

they're in Cincy

:woot: :thumb:
By poorman type-r
#275323 Yeah you will probably never find one on Craigslist so I guess an actual company that sells motors is your only option. It would be a great buy if you can afford it. :thumb:
By RWMIII
poorman type-r wrote:Yeah you will probably never find one on Craigslist so I guess an actual company that sells motors is your only option. It would be a great buy if you can afford it. :thumb:

I prob wouldnt even trust a C5 from craigslist. :thumbdown:
By Fada Blayne
RWMIII wrote:
poorman type-r wrote:Yeah you will probably never find one on Craigslist so I guess an actual company that sells motors is your only option. It would be a great buy if you can afford it. :thumb:

I prob wouldnt even trust a C5 from craigslist. :thumbdown:

X22
By chrono404
#275436 A b18c5 is way over priced at mentioned above. Why is that so? its the "Type-R" Tax.

You could buy a B18C1 GSR and put better cams in it, tune it, Then make more power then a B18c5 for the price of a b18c5.

I had a Drag race in my JDM 99spec B20b with b16 Transmission with Just I/H/E + Tune, All internals are stock in a 2400 lbs Delsol vs a EG Coupe with a B18c5 and Type-R Tranny. I left him at Launch and still pulled on him.

There are alot of factors that could have taken place, One major one being I have better driving skills then the "kid" with the ITR Swap. His swap also did look pretty tired, all oil covered. That Said I still pull on GSR's all day with my setup.

Therefore IMO, The B18c5 Is not worth the money, You would be better off getting a GSR swap and slightly building it, or better yet an LS/B20 with b16 tranny.

x3 on not trusting a swap off craigslist.
By Greasedmonkey
#275471 As much as I love my B20 swap, I would ditch it in an instant for a legit JDM ITR swap 98+. Its just better suited to what I want to do with the car and I would have to tear it open and stuff it with new parts to handle the rpms.
By illason
#276381 Well let's see I have to think what I'm gonna do. I really what a the c5 but for 5k I could almost go k series.
By Greasedmonkey
#276454 No you cant.
By illason
#277581 How about I told you it came with motor, tranny, mounts, tuned ecu, headers, wiring harness, upgraded fuel rail, upgraded cams, and installation. Worth 5k?
By JUICE
#277585 ^^ still high

Integra Type R 98+ RHD Front Clip w HID Lights - $5500

that's from zerolift which comes with everything you listed plus you're getting the entire RHD swap, hubs, HID's, body panels...