B16, B18, B20
By jayEGR
#270524 ok i was wondering , what would be a better choice to do cams for a b20 block and b20 head set up A1 OR B1 cams?

i wanted to port and polish my head and shave it ,with this cams but wanted to know which one a better choice ,and why?
:thumb:
By That One Dude
#270593 Of the two, the B1 cams are the same as the B20 cams, and are slightly higher lift and slightly longer duration than the A1 cams.

If you're going to P&P and mill the head, you might as well get a set of aftermarket cams to fully take advantage of the larger ports and higher flow rates your head will have when the work is all done.
By jayEGR
#270623 ok that clears up tht , what would be good cams to go with ? can i go with 16 or gsr cams and is this not possible because its vtec cams ,does it matter ? also ,will an LS head be better to stick with or stay with b20 head ? :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#270625 you cannot run vtec cams in a non-vtec motor. Try looking into some BC Stage 1 or 2 cams depending on how serious ur planning on getting with your setup.
By Eg6H2D
Fada Blayne wrote:you cannot run vtec cams in a non-vtec motor. Try looking into some BC Stage 1 or 2 cams depending on how serious ur planning on getting with your setup.

:thumb:
By Eg6H2D
jayEGR wrote:ok that clears up tht , what would be good cams to go with ? can i go with 16 or gsr cams and is this not possible because its vtec cams ,does it matter ? also ,will an LS head be better to stick with or stay with b20 head ? :thumb:

If you can find yourself the magical b20 head it would be better. comes with the bigger 33mm intake valves just like Vtec heads i believe and has some port work from factory with a lil more aggressive cam profile then the regualr b20s out here. Im just not sure on the Stamp number of the head.. I think it's stamped P8R..

Look i found a link for ya..

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1467903
By RWMIII
EG6b20R wrote:
jayEGR wrote:ok that clears up tht , what would be good cams to go with ? can i go with 16 or gsr cams and is this not possible because its vtec cams ,does it matter ? also ,will an LS head be better to stick with or stay with b20 head ? :thumb:

If you can find yourself the magical b20 head it would be better. comes with the bigger 33mm intake valves just like Vtec heads i believe and has some port work from factory with a lil more aggressive cam profile then the regualr b20s out here. Im just not sure on the Stamp number of the head.. I think it's stamped P8R..

P8R is correct sir :thumb:
By jayEGR
EG6b20R wrote:

thx for that info that, i learned something new with my motor never knew i had a p8r head , but it is indeed a 98 motor :thumb: ,so my question is again then can i go wit vtec cams
since he said it in the article tht:
(This head came with 84mm combustion chambers and 33mm vtec sized intake valves)
By RWMIII
#270785 No you cannot use non-VTEC cams in a non-VTEC head. He was referring to the flow of the head. It flows like a VTEC due to the size of the valves and the combustion chambers.

In a nutshell, it is a VTEC head without the VTEC. :thumb:
By jayEGR
RWMIII wrote:No you cannot use non-VTEC cams in a non-VTEC head. He was referring to the flow of the head. It flows like a VTEC due to the size of the valves and the combustion chambers.

In a nutshell, it is a VTEC head without the VTEC. :thumb:

ahhh thanks for clearing that out with me then , make alot of senese now :thumb:

ok so what would be a good setup wit cams and gears, if iam going to port and polish and shave the head?

reason why is i want a non vtec head but at least to rich 8 to 9 rpm,is this possible ?

thanks for your input ,i just want more power :hehe: