B16, B18, B20
By Wid
#270066 Hi, I am relatively new to engine swapping, and I just had some questions.

I have an Obd1 1992 Civic Eg Hatch. I want to swap a 1990 OBD0 b18b1 into my car. I don't know what to do. Should I just buy an OBD0 Wiring harness and figure that out? If so, what all do I need to complete the swap?

OR, Should I just swap the Dizzy, and entire intake manifold and just go OBD1? I am just curious as to what all I'd have to do if I went obd0. I have EVERYTHING. Other than the wiring harness. I have ECU, Dizzy, Intake manifold, and all that. Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just don't want to make a mistake.
By RWMIII
#270072 Stay OBD1.
By forcefedEG
#270109 You will need a hydro ls trans 94 to 00 all will work or any hydro b trans for that matter. If your car is a dx your current engine harness will work you will need to swap injectors from your sohc to the ls though , you will also need an obd1 ls ecu and a obd1 ls distributor
By cjw_89
#270552 You can jimmy your dizzy for the time being, just use one bolt and change the firing order from a d to a b.Im pretty sure you can use you cars stock d series harness as well.You can use your obd0 gearbox too just buy the "hydro to cable" conversion kit or make your own.I made one and it worked flawlessly.You are probably better off upgrading to the 94-01 style crank pulley,power steering configuration. Yours is a v grooved belt for the power steering pump and im not quite sure that the high pressure hose will mate to it. being a da/eg ?

Hope this helps