B16, B18, B20
By civic15
#267658 Hi i have a 98 civic hatchback with a 98 b18b motor with th obd1 convertion ... my probleme is tha when i start my car it run great as soon as it comes hot. the iddle start to go up and down .. no check egine on nothing ..does anyone no the problem???? :(
By Classiccarsrule85
#267683 also try bleeding the coolant after above has been done
By civic15
#268160 what is the IACV AND THE FITV ??
By civic15
#272546 did clean out the 2 but had problem with the throttle body so bought a new one but still does it should i change IACV
By civic15
#272551 and could it be that my throttle position did not work on my old throttle body because since i put the other one i bought it is more powerful in bottom end?

could the throttle position sensor give me more power if the one i had was not working well??
By RWMIII
civic15 wrote:and could it be that my throttle position did not work on my old throttle body because since i put the other one i bought it is more powerful in bottom end?

could the throttle position sensor give me more power if the one i had was not working well??

Well the ECU didnt see you giving it throttle, so now that it does it is finally reacting to the input it is seeing. So did you gain power, no. I think that you were just used to how the old TPS/ECU were interacting, and now that the issue between them is solved, the car is running how it should be.
By civic15
#272556 well yeah thats what i wanted to say haha!! cuz i could do 235 km/h before and now its was juste doing 190 km/h so when i can test it back ill see if i can go back over the 190 hopefully it will be over 200 haha
By civic15
#272639 I cleaned my IAVC and the FITV it did help the probleme but is still doing it . could it be an other air sensor like the one on my exaust or the one on my short ram intake?

What should i do to stop the RPM probleme?? :? :?
By RWMIII
#272653 try resetting the ECU.
By civic15
#272664 how do i reset my ECU is it just by taking off the positive wire on my batterie for 15 minutes?
By civic15
#272667 What i forgot to say from the begining is tha it was runing normal and one day the car started to run really rich like black smoke was coming out doin 200km and using 40$ dollar of gaz ( 1.20$ pice of gaz at that time but still) and the check engine like cam on after that it stop the check engine light went off when i restarted the ECU and started to idle like this

maybe it would help if you know that
By RWMIII
#272669 if it were running that rich then your plugs are prob fouled out, O2 is prob covered in soot, and to reset the ecu disconnect the NEGATIVE batt cable for atleast 30 seconds.

did you ever pull that code it originally threw?
By civic15
#272670 ok well i've change the plug the wire and the rotor and cap timer