B16, B18, B20
By LsHatchKid
#266022 Hey guys hows it going . I Got this built b20vtec setup in my 94 civic eg dx model thats a pain in my ass . The motor gets fuel but does not get SPARK ! Ive been searching but cant find anything more than just dizzy promblems and stuff . I went through everything that would cause my car not to get spark like , got a BRANDNEW distributer , rota , wries , plugs , grounds are there , thermestat ground is good , main relay works , fuel pump primes , i believe that the motor has compression , timing is right , firing order is right . The motor is throwing CEL , so I plugged in my S manager and got 3 codes .

code 10 . IAT-Intake air temperature
code 20 . ELD-Eloectrical load detector
code 21 . VTEC-Vtec spool

Im sure none of the codes im throwing would cause the car not to get spark . The Yellow/Black wire to the distributer gets power and also the coil in the distributer gets power . Now whywouldnt my car start ?
By bks84
#266032 Are you getting spark at the plugs? Try pulling a plug, sticking it in the plug wire and getting the ground strap of the plug as close to the core support (or some other chassis ground) and have someone turn the key to crank the engine...
By LsHatchKid
#266037 I have tried this method but i get no spark to the plug ,
By bks84
#266039 Good news is... you can disable ELD in Smanager!
By LsHatchKid
#266042 how do i do that ? and if i delete it then that code is good to go ?
By bks84
#266054 I'm assuming you have s300 cuz you mentioned smanager. If so. You disable it through the software. I don't remember the exact tab or anything.
By LsHatchKid
#266074 Hey guys my spark plug wires are really lose when i plug them into the spark plug . They sit good on the spark plug but there giggly at the top . Could that be it ?
By B20vtec-turbo
#266088 You also need to disable the vtec spool in SManager....

I had the same issue with my b20 vtec turbo just 2 months ago, Mine was parked for 4 months because if it! It could be many different things...

What dizzy are you running?
Are you sure it's not 180 out?
What dash harness are you using?
What engine harness are you using?
Has ANY of the harness been cut into?
What injectors are you running? Peak and Hold or Saturated?
Are you using a resistor box?
Has a resistor box ever been used on this harness?
What map sensor are you using?
By LsHatchKid
B20vtec-turbo wrote:You also need to disable the vtec spool in SManager....

I had the same issue with my b20 vtec turbo just 2 months ago, Mine was parked for 4 months because if it! It could be many different things...

Im using a stock obd1 GSR distributer
What do you mean by 180 out ?
Im using a stock d15b7 dash harness
Im using a stock d15b7 engine harness aswel
Yes i have cut into the engine harness before but sorderd it back
Im running i believe RC440 injectors ?
Im not running a resistor box
I have never used a resistor box on this harness
Im using a stock d15b7 map sensor i believe ,
By B20vtec-turbo
LsHatchKid wrote:
B20vtec-turbo wrote:You also need to disable the vtec spool in SManager....

Im using a stock obd1 GSR distributer
What do you mean by 180 out ?
Im using a stock d15b7 dash harness
Im using a stock d15b7 engine harness aswel
Yes i have cut into the engine harness before but sorderd it back
Im running i believe RC440 injectors ?
Im not running a resistor box
I have never used a resistor box on this harness
Im using a stock d15b7 map sensor i believe ,

180 out is when you spin the tip of the dizzy (the part that goes on the cam). It only fit's one way, it will go the other way but wont fit tight.

What did you cut on the harness?

Has the engine ever ran on those injectors? Because RC makes both saturated and peak and hold injectors, you need to find out which one's you have. I know it sounds weird that your injectors would cause you to lose spark but it happened to me.

I had peak and hold injectors with a resistor box, then I switched to saturated injectors so I just unhooked the resistor box thinking that would be ok, but it wasn't. The wires that normally go into the resistor box have to all be tied back together in order for you car to run.

Send me a data log of you trying to start the car to Ryancarter20@yahoo.com
By LsHatchKid
#266096 I notcied that when i put my distributer in that one sideof the teeth on the distibuter was bigger than the other side so i matched that to the cam so I think thats good .

I cut a clip near the battery but i sorderd it back .

How would i check to see if my injectors are peak and hold or saturated ?
By B20vtec-turbo
LsHatchKid wrote:I notcied that when i put my distributer in that one sideof the teeth on the distibuter was bigger than the other side so i matched that to the cam so I think thats good .

I cut a clip near the battery but i sorderd it back .

How would i check to see if my injectors are peak and hold or saturated ?

Look at the injector. I had RC 550cc injectors, mine said RC 550 PL8 on the side of them.

Did you send the data log?
By LsHatchKid
#266100 ok im gonna have to check the injector , but what data log you want me to send ?

So if i had peak and hold injectors wit no resistor box then my car wouldnt start ?
By B20vtec-turbo
#266103 Just send me a 15 second data log of you trying to start the car.

As far as the car not starting because of not having a resistor box, others may say that has nothing to do with it, but when mine wouldn't start, I traced it back to my resistor box wires not being grounded together.
By LsHatchKid
#266105 oh i dont got a datalog of my car on my laptop but i can get you one , how would i record that ?