b20b underblock arp rod bolts
b16 head
b16 tranny
4-1 jdm 2''5 aftermarket headers
2''5 catback
aem cold air intake
f1 racing stage 2 clutch
ectune remap etc

what could i expect with this (hp,torgue)
compared to an b16 stock

greets shottaz
By RWMIII
#265978 anywhere between 160-200. Each application and build is different, parts brands, the tuner, the tune, etc... so it is hard to pinpoint any actual number.
By Ajax1989
RWMIII wrote:anywhere between 160-200. Each application and build is different, parts brands, the tuner, the tune, etc... so it is hard to pinpoint any actual number.

x2

it all depends on the build...
you'l deff be in the 200hp area tho :thumb:
By shottaz
#266015 which cams will give better performance
gsr or b16 and in wich aspect
torque hp ect
By bks84
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
RWMIII wrote:anywhere between 160-200. Each application and build is different, parts brands, the tuner, the tune, etc... so it is hard to pinpoint any actual number.

x2

it all depends on the build...
you'l deff be in the 200hp area tho :thumb:

I dont think he will, especially if he's using stock b20b pistons (8.8:1 or even 9.2:1

For a stock cam, I'd run a GSR cam over the B16's. If I remember right, they offer more duration (stay open longer) but not a lot more lift.
By poorman type-r
#266058 If i were you i would get a GSR head. Yields more compression so it ups the numbers a little on the hp/tq. Get aftermarket rods unless you want to shift early because b20 rods were not made to hit 8k and above. I would say you would get 170whp-175whp. Which compared to a b16 is like 130whp. Plus Vtec cracks like a motherfucker in a B20v.
By {ikon}EM1
#266068 ^^^more realistic answer mentioned above I much agree with him... ill post up my hp/tq numbers when I get dyno tuned next month...

I have the same set up besides the head is a gsr and so is the tranny with a stage 3 clutch...
By bks84
poorman type-r wrote:If i were you i would get a GSR head. Yields more compression so it ups the numbers a little on the hp/tq. Get aftermarket rods unless you want to shift early because b20 rods were not made to hit 8k and above. I would say you would get 170whp-175whp. Which compared to a b16 is like 130whp. Plus Vtec cracks like a motherfucker in a B20v.

...Or just replace the rod bolts w/ARP's. Never heard of a broken rod in a B20, heard of stretched rod bolts though.
By shottaz
#266081 rod bolts would be change for arp
By poorman type-r
#266093 Why wouldn't you just invest in rods? Personally i would build it on the safe side. If you want to buy rod bolts you might as well dish out a few more bills for rods. Better yet throw in 12.5:1 pistons and you will see the 190whp-195whp range. :thumb:
By shottaz
poorman type-r wrote:If i were you i would get a GSR head. Yields more compression so it ups the numbers a little on the hp/tq. Get aftermarket rods unless you want to shift early because b20 rods were not made to hit 8k and above. I would say you would get 170whp-175whp. Which compared to a b16 is like 130whp. Plus Vtec cracks like a motherfucker in a B20v.

all that i understand my friend its
just a base to start on
block will be modified later on
NA or BOOST
no choice maid as yet
By bks84
poorman type-r wrote:Why wouldn't you just invest in rods? Personally i would build it on the safe side. If you want to buy rod bolts you might as well dish out a few more bills for rods. Better yet throw in 12.5:1 pistons and you will see the 190whp-195whp range. :thumb:

Stock rods can handle a lil more abuse than you think they can. As long as the bolts are up to snuff that is.

If you're goin for big power, then sure. Get rods. If you're not, then stocks will do just fine.
By shottaz
#266228 got my hands on some gsr cams
so no more b16 cams
By shottaz
#266416 which intake
itr,skunk2,edelbrock