B16, B18, B20
By RWMIII
#264883 imo id get new plugs, they arent that expensive. and get a new gasket for the exhaust.

and burning oil isnt a good thing. May be something you want to look into.
By bocherks1
#264932 changed the plugs, cleaned the wires, holes, air dry for a bit, put them back in and started the car, to see a puff of white smoke appear lol. Stopped after 2 seconds tho, scared me, I checked the rad fluid to see if any bubbles appear none.

Car runs abit better, still has that hunting idle, going to clean the iacv this week and change my rad hoses up. maybe theres a pinch in a heater hose.

and by the smell comming from the exhaust, its still there but not as noticeable yet. Didn't smell much inside my car, so i'll keep up to date as what happens today.
By bocherks1
#266184 1.Cleaned the plugs, car ran better, not so hesitant, i'm guessing its from the IACV not wired yet. so in 1st gear at low rpm seems a little pokey.

2.The exhaust smell is on and off, I'm typically getting 300km per tank on 94 octane (premium). Not sure if this is bad, good, etc. for a b18c1.
- not sure if my cat is done, or my o2 sensor on the cat is gone. Anyone?

3.Idle is still about, yet to figure out this problem. I'll try and fiddle with my tps and what not.
By That One Dude
#266444 Idle isn't going to be fully stable until you get the IACV wired up properly. Also, it shouldn't run well, if at all if the MAP sensor isn't plugged in. Since it is running, the unplugged MAP sensor and IACV not wired up are probably the final problems causing the engine to run rich. Might as well change the O2 sensor just to make sure. Also, the oil and excess fuel in the exhaust could potentially foul both the O2 sensor and the catalytic converter.

As for the exhaust gap, as far as I know, the best way to close that gap is to have someone weld an extension on the mid-pipe to bring the flange up to the catalytic converter flange.

I'd recommend replacing the spark plug leads since they had oil on them. Oil has a tendency to break down the insulation on the leads which can lead to leaked voltage and weak spark.