B16, B18, B20
By civic eg-k
#264324 what do you guys think is it worth the trade?

and what would i need to swap it into my hatch?
what ecu can i use? other info like that.

even if it was the 126 hp b20b is that still good?

what amount of hp could i gain from intake and exhaust mods?( im not ready for v-tec so lets leave that out of the conversation,)

i dont think its the b20z but he claims that its "JDM" LOL I HATE THOSE 3 LETTERS.. people just burned the heck out of them. everything is jdm now lol
help me out guys im in need of hp lol
By RWMIII
#264327 def worth the trade imo. it is a good platform to build on down the road when you are ready to go vtec. b20 vtecs are awesome.

you would need axles, ecu, harness, mounts, shift linkage.

P75 OBD2 LS ecu will work fine with no VTEC. PR4 will also work.

126HP/133TRQ B20B is better than B7 for obvious reasons, D15B7 is only 102HP/98TRQ. If it is a B20Z then you are looking at 146HP/133TRQ. So either way it is a good trade.
By Greasedmonkey
#264346 Which ever motor you get, try to get the OBD1 parts for it.

Injectors
Distributor
Alternator
P75 OBD1 ecu

That way its a simple swap and you can still use the current harness in the car.
By bks84
#264348 Make sure you get manual t bracket, manual intermediate shaft and manual axles... I made the mistake of buying the intermediate shaft and axles from an auto and had a hard time getting the IS to line up to the block. Axles may be the same.

It'll be cheaper to reuse your stock engine harness, there shouldn't be any mods that you have to do it (like wire vtec, or knock sensor) may have to extend some wires though.

It's definitely worth the trade. That's for sure.
By RWMIII
is it difficult to make it obd1?

Greasedmonkey wrote:Which ever motor you get, try to get the OBD1 parts for it.

Injectors
Distributor
Alternator
P75 OBD1 ecu

That way its a simple swap and you can still use the current harness in the car.

the parts listed will make it obd1 by using your current harness.
By civic eg-k
#264409 man oh man i hope this guy doesnt do me dirty cuz he said he didnt use the motor and he got it a month ago. with the paper work on it with gsr intake manifold and headers.