B16, B18, B20
By bks84
#264644 I wish I would have used a better head porter, the local I used specializes in V8's and stuff, so when I gave him my head he just went crazy and took too much out and actually hurt performance.

I only put about 8k miles on until some old lady hit me head on.
By rootbeer_eg
#264954 i have a semi built b18b in my car its been bored out.30 with 11.5:1 comp pistons, custom ground cams ,mild port and polish i port matched the exhaust side and i port matched the intake to the head it has a b16 tranny with lsd i put down a 15.8 spinning through 3rd on street tires it cost aout 1400 for the motor to be built and like 600 for the tranny which isnt bad at all in my opinion :thumb: but it needs to be tuned but it has like 170 horsepower
By poorman type-r
#264986 15.8 with that setup? You shoul be running way faster. Buy a pair of slicks.
By rootbeer_eg
#265028 i should be picking up slicks in a couple of days so that should help alot
i launched at 3800 and it spun all the way threw 3rd gear on my street tires
i couldnt hook up it was depressing
but with the slicks it should help alot :woot:
By poorman type-r
#265124 Post a vid when you run on slicks.
By 603 jdm
#265148 another thing that might help is a b16 tranny, i dont know if you got one already or have a gsr or itr one, they would all work great from my searches
By rootbeer_eg
603 jdm wrote:another thing that might help is a b16 tranny, i dont know if you got one already or have a gsr or itr one, they would all work great from my searches

i already have a b16 tranny and it helps tremendously
By poorman type-r
#265266 I heard LSD isn't really helpful when it comes to drag racing. Anybody know if this is true?
By rootbeer_eg
#265325 yes its very effective when drag racing it helps with a better launch and putting all your power to both wheels instead of just one
By EJ1_MK
poorman type-r wrote:I heard LSD isn't really helpful when it comes to drag racing. Anybody know if this is true?

LSD is good all around, helps to put power down, in most cases from the factory the axle that has the shortest distance to the wheel is the one that gets power.
By rootbeer_eg
#265397 after i built my high compression motor i was running just a stock long ratio ls tranny that i got with my previous ls swap that tranny was good for getting a top speed but as soon as i bought the b16 tranny it woke my car up it had so much more pep in it step when i punched the gas pedal
it is probably one of the most important thing i couldve done to my car to make it perfom the way i wanted it to
By poorman type-r
EJ1_MK wrote:
poorman type-r wrote:I heard LSD isn't really helpful when it comes to drag racing. Anybody know if this is true?

LSD is good all around, helps to put power down, in most cases from the factory the axle that has the shortest distance to the wheel is the one that gets power.

Well i just heard when you are putting down serious power, it really doesnt do much good. I could've heard wrong but thanks for the info.
By Civic_HatchSI
#265497 My old N/A setup

-B18c lsd gsr tranny
-Apexi exhaust
-Skunk2 Intake Manifold
-Skunk2 Cam gears
-Skunk2 68mm Throttle Body
-Mugen 4-2-1 Header
-Password Intake
Car dyno'd at 180whp~126 wtq.
Stage 3 clutch, 8lbs fly wheel

I ran a 14.6 on the 1/4 mile with street tires. First time on the track.
By bks84
#265540 Skunk2 cam gears on stock cams?