B16, B18, B20
By Greasedmonkey
#264087 Stock b20z block, JDM p8r head with ARP head bolts.

No clue on power, just got it running.
By Bh3417
#264088 Sound good anyone else
By EJ1_MK
#264089 Are you looking to do a full build or, something fun for the street. Do you have a motor yet or a price range you want to spend?
By Bh3417
#264091 My brother got a ls vtec I'm trying to estimate the hp. 1.8 ls block bored .40 over. Shaved eagle crank eagle h beam rods 10:1 compression pistons. B16a head mild porting high compression valves and springs skunk 2 cam venom intake Plan on putting toda cam , throttle body few other things
By EJ1_MK
#264095 So it is close to a 1.9l with 10:1 compression and did you have to deck the head at all or size of head gasket? And do you know which skunk2 cams they are?
By Bh3417
#264098 The head was decked and stage 2
By EJ1_MK
#264122 Ok do you know how much they had to take off, reason I ask is that .30 will bump compression up, not a lot but some that and the head gasket size.
By EJ1_MK
#264140 Ok I would say you are going to make around 170 hp + maybe more maybe less just depends on the tune. Your looking at a gsr specs with cams and about the same compression and a different intake so stock gsr is 178 so I would say right around there to the wheels. I would be interested on dyno results if you plan on it.
By poorman type-r
#264185 A buddy of mine had a fully built b20 vtec, 14.5:1 comp. H Beam Rods, GSR Head Skunk 2 cams, valve springs and Titanium Retainers, Ferrara Nitride Valves, AEM Tru-Time cam gears, Hytech Headers, Type-R intake manifold, with a Injen Cold Air Intake. Also had port and polish with 3 angle valve job. Made 261whp.
By Bh3417
#264198 what if I put 8:5:1 have it tuned on Hondata what turbo would u reccomend at what hp would I be looking at
By poorman type-r
#264270 It all depends on how much money you put into the motor, if you fully build the motor then a GT35R or a GT42R will be a nice turbo for a fully built motor. You could get up to 700-800whp. It's all about how deep your pockets are.

If it is for a street car you would want to get a smaller turbo so it spools faster, so you don't get insane turbo lag, on top of going through tires more than you will fill up the tank. ha jk.

So personally i would do an all motor, because it is funny when people with turboed cars like Subi's, Evo's, Eclipse's, Trucks and even muscle cars get smoked by you and when you show the, that you are an all motor 4 cylinder they start getting all pissed. Whatever you do good luck. :thumb:
By Bh3417
#264277 Well we gonna put the motor in my car and see how he likes it we gonna put aftermarket throttle body stage three clutch and light weight flywheel what injectors would u recommend
By poorman type-r
#264281 Stock injectors will work fine.