B16, B18, B20
By jdmTK
#263020 so i have a jdm b16a SiRII that had a itr intake manifold on it... i replaced the mani gasket and cracked the itr manifold and had to get a stock b16 one from my friend. it doesnt have any place to plug in the intake air temp sensor (IAT) so i dont have that in and thus im throwing a code. my problem is that when i let the clutch out and give it some gas i get a quick surging idle until i ride the clutch a little bit. I am using the idle air control valve that came with the stock b16 mani. could that sensor be bad thus causing my surging idle?? and can i put the IAC from my itr manifold onto the b16 manifold to see if thats the problem??

Thanks in advance!
By suspendedHatch
#263400 IACV isn't a sensor. It's an idle air control valve. If it bolts up and seals air, it's interchangeable. That's the wonder of Hondas.

Hondas are speed density systems. There is no way for the ECU to calculate fuel without air temperature. If it doesn't go in the intake manifold, it goes in the intake pipe close to the throttle body.

The IAT is a very slow reading sensor that is mostly ignored beyond the initial reading, so it's not absolutely critical where it's placed. The ECU just needs a general idea of the air temp. You can get away with it if you want to temporarily have it open to engine bay air. But you should hook it up properly as soon as possible.