B16, B18, B20
By 92dxeg
#262515 ok guys as of right now i have a hhigh cp ratio poor mans type r wit a stock b16 head i just got a gsr head also do u guys think i should build the gsr head then slap it on my car. what head is better ??
By poorman type-r
#262553 GSR head is better for NA.
By 92dxeg
#262611 ok now why is the gsr head better then the b16 head i mean ppl say b16 head flows better but i have a gsr head just chillin at my house so iam going to build it it has a skunk2 intake manny and throttle body. so why is it better ?? i have a built block and iam going for all motor like a have 12.5.1 cp ,rods, pholshed crank, 81.5mm ect ect iam aiming for 220 hp to the wheels
By Ajax1989
#262614 isnt a poor mans type arghhh(sry had to)

a gsr block with a b16 head?

if so isnt putting a gsr head on a gsr block, makes it not a poor man type r, but a reg gsr??

or am i missing somthing here?
Last edited by Ajax1989 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JUICE
#262615 the B16 head flows better which i guess would make it better for boost. the GSR will yield a higher compression making it a good NA choice
By poorman type-r
#262758 ^^ For that reason right there. Plus, if you are going to build the GSR head you can get a mild p&p and have the nice flow that the b16 does. Also if you want 220 whp. Get Crower valvetrain and camshafts. :thumb:
By 92dxeg
#262792 i was going to get all skunk2 shit like skunk2 pro2 cams are they good?
By poorman type-r
#262820 Skunk2 is good, but tthe Pro Series Stage 2 cams give you +1hp then stock ITR cams. So if you are really going to build this motor you might want a better company. Bisimoto, Crower, JUN3 are better IMO. If you want to get crazy you can get custom made camshafts, grinded down to your specs or Bisimoto Level X camshafts <--- $2500 for his top of the line camshafts.
By ohDirka
92dxeg wrote:i was going to get all skunk2 shit like skunk2 pro2 cams are they good?

If you want skunk2 go with skunk2. ChicagoMike is pushing 215 hp (or around there) with skunk2 stage 2 goods in the head. And his GSR head had no machine work done to it.
By 92dxeg
#262945 well iam going to have machine work done to the head. also i would like to get bigger vavles the high cp just stuipd small shit like that
By 92dxeg
#262946 i was almost positive the the pro1s were the cams that had one hp over itr
By poorman type-r
#262948 You're right my mistake. :thumb:
By 92dxeg
#263117 its all good lol do u guys think that s2 pro cams, vavles,retainers, and vavle springs to you guys think i could drive it evey day to work and make good power? also going to get s300
By Ajax1989
94_jdm_ferio wrote:isnt a poor mans type arghhh(sry had to)

a gsr block with a b16 head?

if so isnt putting a gsr head on a gsr block, makes it not a poor man type r, but a reg gsr??

or am i missing somthing here?