B16, B18, B20
By si-b16
#258733 Hi guys,

I recently took the throttle body off and iacv an gave them a clean with a throttle body cleaner, i put it all back together.

But i accidentally knocked the throttle position sensor so the idle was bouncing up an down, I calibrated the tps back to standard 4.5v WOT 'wide open throttle' and .48v CT 'Closed throttle'

And now i start the car up it will idle fine, but as soon as i touch the throttle it will rev to 3k at idle or when the clutch is engaged,
the car drives normal when in gear an i just replaced the alternator belt today not sure if that changes anything.

Link To Video of what the car is doing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGLF08shzJQ&feature=player_embedded

btw the car is a eg5 with a jdm b16a

Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers
By Eg6H2D
#258847 Fast Idle valve. if you have one. under the throttle body..

Clean that too or replace it..

By si-b16
#258863 I don't have a fitv under the throttle body, I'm thinking that this could be the Intake air control valve, is there ways to test it to make sure its still working?
By suspendedHatch
#258878 Make sure you didn't cause a vacuum leak when you reinstalled the throttle body and IACV.
By That One Dude
#258990 I was 3 seconds away from saying check for vacuum leaks.

The IACV has a figure 8 shaped o-ring that becomes brittle over time. Make sure you didn't crack the o-ring. My 1st Integra did the same thing for a little while. Replaced the o-ring and all was well.

Also, spray some carb cleaner around the IACV and TB to determine where the vacuum leak is.
By si-b16
#259054 I Checked didn't have any vacuum leaks,

I have found the problem, the throttle rotor with the spring attached is getting stuck at 3,000rpm whenever i touch the throttle, The spring is very loose an need to be tight like this one - Image

Thanks for the help guys:)