B16, B18, B20
By Gustavo
#258074 I went 2 Acura 2 buy the part but they don't sell it by itself u gotta buy the whole head n they wanted $2000. So please if anybody has 1 laying around n wants 2 sell it please let me know. Or does anybody know where i can get 1? It is where the dissy bolts up 2 on the head. U can see on the 2nd pic how it broke n i need 1 asap!!! It is 4 a 98 gsr.
By kingjmack
#258082 Just looked on Ebay and they don't have anything like that, maybe someone with a junk head will sell you just that piece?
By ghskid06
#258096 You can also just bolt your dizzy on with two bolts. It wont effect it.
By lsvbeghatch
#258120 find someone on craigslist and tell them you need the cam retainer for the dizzy also know as cam cap
By Gustavo
lsvbeghatch wrote:find someone on craigslist and tell them you need the cam retainer for the dizzy also know as cam cap

I call n ask 4 a cam cap n they give me the cam plug. If anybody has a full b16 or gsr head 4 sale let me know as well.
By Gustavo
ghskid06 wrote:You can also just bolt your dizzy on with two bolts. It wont effect it.

I never thought about that.
By Gustavo
kingjmack wrote:Just looked on Ebay and they don't have anything like that, maybe someone with a junk head will sell you just that piece?

I've bin looking everywhere.
By Flatland_EG
#258129 JB Weld can be your friend, it should get you by in the short term at least or perhaps you can find a shop that can tig it back on for you.
By Gustavo
EGg OH! wrote:JB Weld can be your friend, it should get you by in the short term at least or perhaps you can find a shop that can tig it back on for you.

I rather replace it.
By Classiccarsrule85
#258132 go to the junkyard maybe an ls one will work? any b 90+ it should work....tho i dont know b series much

but yea its worth a shot
By ImThaBean
#258138 Wouldn't getting a different cam cap not work? IIRC if you get a new/used cam cap it will not have the same specs as the old cap and you would need to line bore the head with new cap to match everything up.

I'm not 100% sure since I don't have any block machining experience but that is what I have heard many times over.
By Gustavo
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:go to the junkyard maybe an ls one will work? any b 90+ it should work....tho i dont know b series much

but yea its worth a shot

There r like 4 Honda's/Acura's in our junkyard.
By Gustavo
ImThaBean wrote:Wouldn't getting a different cam cap not work? IIRC if you get a new/used cam cap it will not have the same specs as the old cap and you would need to line bore the head with new cap to match everything up.

I'm not 100% sure since I don't have any block machining experience but that is what I have heard many times over.

Please don't say that. :( I'm thinking of just buying another head.
By hazetuk
#258163 wouldnt 1 off a d16 y7 work its all the same bolts idk i got a scrap head dont need u can have it if it fits for like 5 bucks :))
By forcefedEG
#258196 The only ones that will fit that head for.that cam cap are from a b16 b17 b18gsr or itr (any b series vtec) No sohc or LS will fit

As for having to line bore, you don't, I've swapped them before and checked.them with plasti gauge and they've always been fine, and yes its hard to find just.that piece. But I have seen whole cam cap sets hoe for like 150 or 200 on eBay depending on who sees them and who wants them