B16, B18, B20
By turbosedan717
#257307 as the title says my motor is not starting and i'm contemplating suicide because of it lol its an eg8 with a b18c gsr turbo. i've been building this car for over a year and i can't figure out whats wrong with it. i pulled the motor, did a wire tuck(and i'm almost 100% positive everything's done right) and put it back in and now it doesn't run. it just turns and pops when i try. i've tried diagnosing everything and still no results. any kind of help right now will help me.
By That One Dude
#257328 You've probably checked over all this a hundred times, but make sure you're getting fuel and spark. And make sure your ignition leads are attached in the correct firing order. Also, check to make sure your spark plugs aren't fouled or compromised mechanically (end electrode smashed to where there's no gap). Also make sure the timing is all set up properly, run a compression test, leakdown check...
By B20vtec-turbo
#261934 Sounds like it's out of time. I'm sure you've heard this alot, but it has happened to me before so!

Check your firing order,even on the dizzy side. If you took off your dizzy, make sure your not 180 degree's out. Being out of time would cause the engine to pop and backfire while trying to start it. Good Luck man, I know how frustrating it is to have something like that happen...
By turbosedan717
#261989 thanks for the help so far guys but no luck. dizzy doesn't flip so i can't do that (rotating piece can only go in one way) i tried re-timing the engine and that didn't work. wiring harness was tested and every wire is perfect. i've tried multiple dizzy's and nothing different. i've checked all my grounds, has spark, has fuel, has compression. FML.
By RWMIII
#266577 what ecu are you using? This may sound stupid, but have you made sure all pins are in and tight? And all the connectors are pushed all the way into the ECU?