B16, B18, B20
By Greasedmonkey
#167482 have to sleeve the B series motors to even fit those pistons.
By GSRSI
chrono404 wrote:p72 itr pistons will NOT fit inot a b20 block

p72 itr are 81mm, b20's are 84mm. if you wanna use p72 itr pistons, get a b18a or b18b block.

if that is the fact that b20s are 84 mm you should be abull to use k20 type r pistons, in the g build the f23 are 84 mm and they say to use the k20 pistons so you have a 11.5 to 1 compression ratio... :thumb:

and 84 mm pistons wiill not work in a 1.6, i beleive b16a is a 81.5 mm piston or even a 81 mm, i might be wrong so dont quote me, however i believe this is right.
By jayEGR
#204073 iam kinda glad that aim thinking about a B20 now ...makes me feel better alot about this thread make me breath alot ...thinkin good about the head rebulid to put a lil more power and a lil bak up from bein such a talker about this motor thhaankkk youu ,plus this is why i like this site such a good site always bakin up not kissing ass just some shit some good shit i read through all 5 threads :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By the honda guy
#204202 I 100% agree with you bro, I found this site about 6 months ago and since then I have learned alot of things that I did not know. One of the main reasons I love this site so much is because when you ask a question, even if its a newb question, you dont get a dickhead answer. Everybody is respectfull of others and likes to help out. Plus the info is realy good aswell.
By jayEGR
#204551 true honda guy like the respect well guys i took my d16z6 i blew i have a couple picture i am goin to start posting up but first need to know where to post it shoukd i start a thread i mean,i wont get my motor maybe till next week but i am goin to need more time to start gettin parts and more for the b20 ......so i have input there telling me that i need a jumper harness for my obd 1 ......do i have a p28? alot of question i have now since i am goin to do the swap :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#204593 ^^

just post them inside your build thread, if you have one tho
if not start one :thumb:

and i agree with both of you guys on the respect of this site :thumb:
By jayEGR
#204599 thanks 94 ferio :thumb: iam goin to do it
By New_Guy
#222698 Hey,

Im looking to build a B20 Vtec and I am going to go with Eagle H beams but I was told that if I go with aftermarket Rods I need to go with aftermarket Pistons. Any truth behind this? Also Im going to be replacing the main bearings. Should I go with ACL? Or would stock straight from Honda be ok?
By chrono404
New_Guy wrote:Hey,

Im looking to build a B20 Vtec and I am going to go with Eagle H beams but I was told that if I go with aftermarket Rods I need to go with aftermarket Pistons. Any truth behind this? Also Im going to be replacing the main bearings. Should I go with ACL? Or would stock straight from Honda be ok?

I heard every time you do aftermarket rods you need aftermarket pistons, I am not sure if its accurate, however I have never seen it posted otherwise in the 5 years i have looked up honda stuff online.

Honda OEM Bearings are awesome. I would recommend going that route as when you get the right set for your crank they are perfectly machined for your crank. I have never had a problem with OEM Honda Bearings through all the abuse i have put them through.
By egcivic117
#309068 Please I need help I just bought a eg with a ls vtec swap in it with a b16 head.but the guy I bought it from shaved the numbers off(he said he didn't want anyone to know wht he was running) so I have know idea what the block is.is there any way I can identify what block it is.like through the ecu or something like that.or at a tune shop.please please help.
By poorman type-r
#309069 Well if it is an ls vtec then it is a B18b motor. I can tell you this right now, if you get pulled over and a cop looks and notices that the VIN on the block is gone you are in some deep shit my friend. Probably get your car impounded, that's how it is in California.
By egcivic117
#309223 Please I need help I just bought a eg with a ls vtec swap in it with a b16 head.but the guy I bought it from shaved the  numbers off(he said he didn't want anyone to know wht he was running) so I have know idea what the block is.is there any way I can identify what block it is.like through the ecu or something like that.or at a tune shop.please please help.
By egcivic117
#309493 Thanks "poorman type-r" but can't you also use a b20 block with the b16 head an it be a ls vtec?how do I know it for shore is a b18b block?
By poorman type-r
egcivic117 wrote:Thanks "poorman type-r" but can't you also use a b20 block with the b16 head an it be a ls vtec?how do I know it for shore is a b18b block?

No, if a B20 block was used it would be a B20 Vtec not an LS Vtec.

No way to check that I know of. Since the VIN was scratched off.
By egcivic117
#309502 Ok so there's no way it can be a b20 block with a b16 head?