B16, B18, B20
By surinamkid
#255759 i have a b16a2 block in which im trying to figure out the best route to go im planing on boosting it but i need new pistons im on a budget build and have acces to a set of oem ls pistons can i make them work? thank you in advance for any assistance provided
By That One Dude
#255804 They'll fit. They'll work for a running engine. Since they're not forged pistons, you shouldn't put too much boost into the engine. Typically, and of course there are exceptions to the rule both positive and negative, LS engines can't take much more than about 250-280whp before they pop. So I wouldn't recommend pushing those pistons too far for fear of blowing a hole in a piston or something of the sort.

If you can swing it, get forged. You won't have to worry about the structural integrity of the metal because it's not cast and therefore brittle.
By forcefedEG
#255910 A friend did ls pistons is in Jackson charged b16 it ran ok, but like stated above, There still just cast pistons and they can only take so much, I have stock bottom end in my b16 and its on 10psi it holds it just fine
By surinamkid
#256037 i was planing to go low boost. and i just found a set of p72 pistons on ebay would those be a better choice? i cant swing for forged right now and these pistons are only for a few months next spring i should be building both top and bottom end as for now i just want the car running again.
By forcefedEG
#256044 If your not going to run high boost, leave the stock.pistons in there imo, if you lower the compression and run low boost you won't make as much power , but that's just my .02
By surinamkid
#256056 I would but I don't have the stock piston... I received the block with out the pistons long story..
By forcefedEG
#256092 In that case get the gsr, is prefer them over.the ls
By poorman type-r
#256175 Personally I wouldn't buy anything from ebay, some people may disagree but when it comes to performance you don't want to buy ebay parts. I would look around for a reliable company to buy a OEM set from IMO.
By surinamkid
#256401 thank you for the input guys i decided to just suspend the build and just save up to either get a set of pct pistons or eagle rods and wiseco pistons.