B16, B18, B20
By B20vtec-turbo
#255349 I have a 94 civic cx with a b20 vtec turbo.

Stock b20 block
stock b16 vtec head
t3t4 turbo
hks bov
aem feul rail
DSM 460cc injectors
stock map sensor

I've been working on this swap for over a year and can't seem to get it right, all I have right now is a base map to run on, but even on that, the car should start and idle.

I have data log's if anyone wants to help me and and take a look, I'm not getting any IGN on the graph. But I'm getting spark to all 4 plugs and its a brand new dizzy.

Ask any question's!
By B20vtec-turbo
#255357 Image

As you can see, I have PLENTY of feul while I'm trying to start it, but no IGN...but I have spark at all 4 spark plugs! What the hell?????

Brand new: dizzy,injectors and map sensor
By B20vtec-turbo
#255423 ttt
By B20vtec-turbo
#255481 ttt
By bcsi
#255485 dude that sucks idk ill ask dewain what he thinks it is when i get home
By Ajax1989
#255540 isnt this ur 2nd thread on this topic?
u still havent figured it out

ok a motor needs 3 things to run
fuel
spark
compression

u said it sparks
u said it has fuel

try a compression test
By B20vtec-turbo
#255556 Thanks Chad!

I did have another thread titled somewhat the same, but it was for a different problem, that problem was fixed. Now I have this one. I didn't want everyone to have to read alot of BS that was off topic before finding out I had a whole different problem.

The compression is good, I had that checked about 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to think it's a wiring issue, whoever had the car earlier down the road messed with the wiring. I replaced the whole engine harness, but the harness going from the ecu to the strut tower is still the original. I opened it up today and looked at it, it's pretty cut up. I'm looking for a new one now, I talked to someone who might have one, but I won't know for sure for a few day's.

In the mean time, think, think, think....What else would cause this??? Anyone????
By lsvbeghatch
#256113 check timing fuel spark and compression and no start.... id say its off time a decent amount
By B20vtec-turbo
#257128 Problem solved!

The map sensor was calibrated wrong.